• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

DRock3d

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The fitment is a little loose on purpose, the Sunbrella Acrylic material does shrink over time so this is to prevent issues down the line.
Would you be able to trailer with it on?

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The fitment is a little loose on purpose, the Sunbrella Acrylic material does shrink over time so this is to prevent issues down the line.
Won't it pool water?

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Hoppy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Changed the plugs to start the season. My engines have been running a little rough so I'm chasing down the issue currently, I swapped these late in the season last year so not many hours on them. The wetness is mostly fogging oil. Oddly enough cyl 1 on both engines looks lovely but it gets progressively worse working back. What do you guys think?

View attachment 201506View attachment 201507
The left three look good, the right one I would do some investigating into that cylinder. Looks like it's running lean or not firing all the time. I would look for a vacuum leak, look hard at that plug for any cracks on the insulator, the coil could be going bad and not firing every time maybe swap the coil and see if the problem follows it. Also could be a partially plugged injector and it never hurts to check the compression.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got a new custom cover from All American Canvas, don't think I will ever buy a Yamaha cover again.

View attachment 201667
Looks good. I have a similar inexpensive cover (ok, probably much less if yours is Sunbrella). If they made them a couple of feet longer it would fit a 24’ boat better. There are a lot of good non-OEM, non-custom covers out there for those with 19’ or 21’ Yamahas.

I would suggest making sure it is colorfast. There was someone on here with a burgundy cover that “dyed” the seats where they touched. (Again that may have been a really cheap, non-Sunbrella cover.)

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks good. I have a similar inexpensive cover (ok, probably much less if yours is Sunbrella). If they made them a couple of feet longer it would fit a 24’ boat better. There are a lot of good non-OEM, non-custom covers out there for those with 19’ or 21’ Yamahas.

I would suggest making sure it is colorfast. There was someone on here with a burgundy cover that “dyed” the seats where they touched. (Again that may have been a really cheap, non-Sunbrella cover.)
Ya that's possibly the material used, I have seen/had a really cheap cover just to keep dust off in the storage unit, it was $150 but junk, wasn't the easiest to get on/off the boat.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Starting to refurb the trailer. I’ve done nothing to it since I bought it in 2019. Bunks are top of the list. Anybody got a wrench for this two-headed demon? :eek:View attachment 201146
It was hard to track down, and this might be too late for you, but I found it. Much like that bolt, it's a 2-piece tool:

dewalt-angle-grinders-dwe4011-64_1000.jpg

And the second part:

15-inch-flat-pry-bar-457x457.gif

I

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's really not that loose, I also didn't have the tent poles in on these pictures
Some beach ball boobs would work nicely for that purpose, and if they're too big, you can always go with a "breast" reduction - see Muh Boobs in my profile

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Replaced the factory stern radio with original, added the @JetBoatPilot access port riser (didn't get the usual amount of water after pulling plug, seems to help), added the marine mat custom strip for port and starboard by @JetBoatPilot,
Happy Sunday!
IMG_7785.jpegIMG_7783.jpegIMG_7786.jpegIMG_7791.jpegIMG_7789.jpegIMG_7794.jpegIMG_7795.jpegIMG_7797.jpegIMG_7802.jpegIMG_7798.jpegIMG_7799.jpegIMG_7846.jpeg

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sexy at all……but two blowouts in a year (we trailer a lot) on those 4 ply bias tires IMG_0723.jpegIMG_0724.jpegis enough. Putting on some good ol’ 6 ply radials.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did the dreaded wet sanding (Started with 800 then to 1500), compounding, polishing, and waxing today. I could tell I was getting tired as I was doing the starboard side. I’ll have to touch up some swirls the next time I do it in the off season. The boat looks a helluva-lot better!

IMG_3014.jpeg
IMG_3015.jpeg

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got a nice 600w 6 channel JL car amp on offerup a while back and finally got around to installing it. Mounted to the seat back behind the helm direct to the fiberglass since it’s small.

Got Knukonceptz wiring for power, speakers and RCAs. This stuff is way oversized. I did 4 ga power and 14 ga for speakers and they were totally overkill and very difficult to fit terminals to for the tiny 2.8mm OEM Polk speaker negative connections. I had to get a little extra 4 ga power cable from a local shop and the Knukonceptz wire is at least 50% bigger so if I add a sub I’m good at least.

I used some Roswell dual zone controls so that I can control volumes for bow, mid cabin, and stern separately with one zone left for a sub or towers. These work perfectly and there is zero noise when adjusting, which I had read about elsewhere.

I’ve got some extra Polk 6.5” that I’m going to install mid cabin and run in parallel with the rear cabin speakers on the same zone/channel.

I’ll mount the zone knobs in the dash, move my power from battery to the switch and loom all the wiring once I get it fully dialed in.

Sounds amazing in the garage. Hopefully hitting the lake this weekend for a real test.

IMG_5426.jpegIMG_5427.jpegIMG_5425.jpegIMG_5428.jpeg

Oh and I fixed a tweeter that my kid broke off on the transom by soldering one of the wires back on and gorilla glue for the body. Seems to have worked great. When it gives up I’ll get better speakers back there.

Last edited:

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Had issues with the boat pulling the faster I went so decided to move the transducer... Hopefully remove some drag as well. Previous location vs new spot on ride plate.
IMG_1488.jpgIMG_1489.jpgIMG_2812.jpgIMG_2813.jpg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have you aligned the jet pumps to see if that’s why it’s pulling?
Yeah jet pumps are good had the dealer double check too… didn’t start happening until I mounted it. After complaining twice the dealer told me they think it was the transducer mounted too low under the boat. I thought it was too but hoping not so I didn’t have to move it. Looks better there but I have a feeling side scan won’t work as well.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah jet pumps are good had the dealer double check too… didn’t start happening until I mounted it. After complaining twice the dealer told me they think it was the transducer mounted too low under the boat. I thought it was too but hoping not so I didn’t have to move it. Looks better there but I have a feeling side scan won’t work as well.
I didnt know if you knew this but you can reverse the direction of your transducer in the settings of your MFD, atleast on a simrad you can. Thats exactly where i have mine mounted as well. doesn't read well on plane, but everything else is good.