• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Those with 21 foot boats...

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Check your engine hatch latch area for a big hole for noise to escape. Here are pictures taken from the inside with the hatch closed. I just used some 3/4" pipe insulation I had around the house to remedy the issue. I found it by running my ear around the seal with the engines running. I put my phone inside to capture some video to confirm I had a problem. For those of you that sub your boat this will help keep the water out of the engine bay. I wish I would have found this years ago.2015.09.06 hatch before.png 2015.09.06 hatch after.png

I thought you were going to say you recruited someone to get in there while you closed it!!! LOL I've often wondered if mine sealed well all the way around....I suspect it does not.

I was curious about the same thing so I turned on a flashlight, placed it in the engine bay, closed the engine hatch and turned off all the garage lights.
Any air gaps presented themselves as light escaping. I imagine this can be done outside at night as well if you don't have a garage.
There were gaps on the sides where the seat cushions are, too.
Hell yeah.

My pipe insulation is deteriorating so I need to evaluate this and replace it. It only lasted a season and a half.

Does this help with noise also? I have zero plans for a sub maneuver. Thank you for the heads up btw.

speaking of sound...has anyone ever installed jetboatpilot sound dampening kit on a 21 ft boat??

Back