• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts on 255 FSH Sport E

John Fullington

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For new owners of 252/255's- does anyone have a cover for their boat yet? Are there custom made Yamaha covers specifically for this model? Thanks.
I purchased the Budge 1200 Denier Hard Top / T-Top Boat Cover but have not put it on the boat yet, trying to come up with a way to keep from snapping the anchor light off (wish it has been foldable). I used the same cover (smaller version) on my FSH 190 and I loved it.

JEFSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Good news, there are more coming. Just got the call from my local dealership that I got one; couple people must have dropped off i think since it’s the black one and i ordered the teal one but at this point I’m not complaining. Checked it out yesterday and test run is in a few weeks. build quality looked good but I’m no expert in boats, only my 2nd one.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For new owners of 252/255's- does anyone have a cover for their boat yet? Are there custom made Yamaha covers specifically for this model? Thanks.
Have a look over at the 252 thread… @Zackdadams has one for his 252 that was custom made.

Tpowie12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
My dealer was able to order the same cover from the 252 thread. Back ordered but scheduled to be in by early July. Cost approximately $900.

Rbraley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me how the 255 handles in the open Atlantic. I live on the NC coast and getting really close to placing an order for a 2022. Any insight is greatly appreciated

Tride

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I live in South Florida on the Atlantic side and have taken it out in 3-5 footers, along with some rough inlets. It handled much better than I had expected. The only real issue I have ran into is the seaweed. Really have to pay attention to not run it over, which is difficult where I live.

Rbraley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Trying to decide between the 252 and 255 and have never had a supercharged jetboat before. What is the recommended hours for having the superchargers rebuilt on the 255 and any idea on cost for the service?

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me how the 255 handles in the open Atlantic. I live on the NC coast and getting really close to placing an order for a 2022. Any insight is greatly appreciated
Does pretty good on my way to Bimini Bahamas 20 to 25 mph in 3 to 4 footer, in comparison my buddy on his 2018 242 was doing 14mph my bud in his Cobia 27 was doing 20 the jetskis only 15mph, my buddy in his sea hunt 25 was smoking me for a while , still made it to Bimini 30 before anyone elses, skills is a big part of how you handdle the ocean.

Cbrange

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Very interested in the 252/255, never owned a jet boat so a little Leary. Can anyone ease my fears about sea weed and running in skinny water? I will be using this boat in the Florida Keys,trolling weed lines, fishing bridges,flats etc.

Ccarhart52

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Starting to think our boat is never coming in… we Pre Ordered last September. First they told us March, then April, then May, then June 10, then the end of June…… this sucks

TommyB

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Starting to think our boat is never coming in… we Pre Ordered last September. First they told us March, then April, then May, then June 10, then the end of June…… this sucks
I feel for ya man. We got lucky but could have easily went sideways. I will tell you it’s worth the wait….

Tpowie12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I got my 255 today and immediately got it out on the gulf. To say I was blown away is an understatement. The thing just cuts through surf like a hot knife through butter. Had it out in the gulf in 1-2' and not a single drop of water on the windshield. Took it back water through some of the 10,000 islands and was gliding over backwater with the fish finder showing 1.7 ft. Love it!!!

Attachments

AndrewP5151

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can anyone let me know how it handles at slow speeds when docking or getting on to the trailer? Particularly in tidal waters? I have a 2008 sx210 and it can be brutal. Hoping my new 252 will perform better.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While the reverse buckets are better and it has the new keel setup and AK, it still will have the similar slow speed characteristics as your 210.

Ccarhart52

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Welp, we got a call from the dealer and we are now getting a 2022 model after being told for 3 months ours is coming in. It is expected mid July to mid August only difference is $10k price increase… we pre ordered Sept 2020.

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Welp, we got a call from the dealer and we are now getting a 2022 model after being told for 3 months ours is coming in. It is expected mid July to mid August only difference is $10k price increase… we pre ordered Sept 2020.
Unbelievable. I too ordered September 1 last year. i spoke to my dealer last week and they said it’s still coming. I have less and less confidence, especially after your post.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you have been waiting since September with a deposit they should be honoring the original price.
Its not your fault they couldn't even produce boats that were pre-ordered in 2020

What model were you getting? 10k price increase is pathetic. Looks like yamaha is trying hard to make up for loss sales this year

TommyB

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That ain’t right man. Hope it works out.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dealers don't have pricing yet, so the 10k is just what ever the dealers are spinning. All dealers will get pricing at the same time. It very well could be that, more or less. I would also be wary of the time frame the dealer is giving you. The majority haven't gotten in right yet in almost 1 year and I think they sell a lot of hope.

YamSport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello Everyone.
My boat is arriving at the dealer I've been told FSH 255 sport e in teal. The dealer has raised his base price from my original March quote from $83099.00 to over 86,000.00 Has anyone else experienced this upon delivery? I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this boat or sell it for something else I have a deposit on.

Michael