• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Three States, Four Lakes, One Hour...

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Today I had the pleasure of flying a sortie over Lake Murray, Lake Texoma, Broken Bow, and Lake Ouachita on my way from Wichita Falls to Fort Smith, AR. Oh, and almost all of it at 500' AGL and 400 KIAS!

Some days my job sucks, this wasn't one of those days... :winkingthumbsup"

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How did Texoma and Murray look as far as amount of water? Or could you not tell going that fast! How many fishermen did you scare?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I assume that's fast and low? What's an AGL and. KIA? Can you tell I'm militarily inept!!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@PEARCE Texoma and Murray still look low for sure. easiest way to tell is by the size of the beaches, although even that is tough since they have been low for so long the beach has turned to vegetation... I never pass up the opportunity to deliver the sound of freedom to the occassional boater! There were not many out though, less than ten on all three. It was earlyish around 0900 or so.

@Murf'n'surf sorry about that! Acronyms are normal in my life and we even have acronyms that include other acronyms. AGL is above ground level, 500 feet is the lowest we fly fast unless we are over a specified range allowing down to 100 feet which is stupid low. All you can do at 100 feet and 400 KIAS is not hit the ground. KIAS is knots indicated air speed, so basically our speedometer readout. One knot is about 1.15 mph, so around 460 mph in that example. Pretty quick for sure, but very easy to get used to and starting to want more. Fastest I have ever been is 2.03 Mach and about 790 KIAS, but in a Viper not a T-38.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wish I had seen you. Wave next time! I must be within a few miles of your flight path.

There is a group of A10s that like to pull low 180s over my neighborhood. I believe they may be Arkansas Air National Gaurd.

After You

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sometimes I miss it! Sometimes I don't. Retirement is good. Smooth air with a tail wind my friend.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@jawsf16 ... if you ever fly over eastern Springfield, MO push that thing up a little and let me hear a boom!! Then I will know that it is you!!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I love a day in the air "that doesn't suck"! Flying down the lake is certainly a good day!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wish I had seen you. Wave next time! I must be within a few miles of your flight path.

There is a group of A10s that like to pull low 180s over my neighborhood. I believe they may be Arkansas Air National Gaurd.
Your whole lake is in that low level route I flew. That is why you saw the hogs flying. Unfortunately they are gone from fort smith. They got replaced by @&$#%* UAVs. Hate them, but they are awesomely capable. It is sad to roll into fort smith and see the empty shelters where vipers and hogs used to park... I was looking for your house, but it was a needle in a haystack...

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It's only a needle in a haystack at 400kts! Throw some drag out and slow down, someone might road you a sandwich!

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
In my next life I want to be a pilot!!!

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wait, on the movies, I thought it was "Naval Aviator"???? :)

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

After You

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was taught "If it doesn't hover, it sucks!" Lol. I sure miss flying. If your still flying, enjoy it while you can.