• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Throttle Controls

boatcop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This may sound funny. We installes a new set of Yamaha controls (740) they are hooked up right we test on land push forward bucket goes up pull controls back bucket goes all thw way down in N have about a 1.5 inch space. The problem is when we tested in water when placed in reverese it goes forward we put in forward and seems to go backward. The steering was really hard so we pulled boat backout and found port steering cable was broke so no control on steering question would this make boat act like it did. Any advise will help we are replacing both steering cable.

Rich

I'm not to sure what you got going on there. I can tell you your bucket position is 100% normal. These boats have no true neutral. So even in neutral the boat will still move. Also just clutched forward or backwards (no throttle) your boat will drift with the current or wind. Perhaps that's what your noticing? Lastly yes a broken steering rod could affect this. The jet can't stay still if rod is broken. So it's free to move around where ever it wants to go

I'm not to sure what you got going on there. I can tell you your bucket position is 100% normal. These boats have no true neutral. So even in neutral the boat will still move. Also just clutched forward or backwards (no throttle) your boat will drift with the current or wind. Perhaps that's what your noticing? Lastly yes a broken steering rod could affect this. The jet can't stay still if rod is broken. So it's free to move around where ever it wants to go
Thanks hope it's the cable going to replace both.

Back