• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Throttle sync.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You may already be aware of this, but even if you have Ridesteady off, you can still have Ridesteady sync the engines, if you so choose. Just follow the instructions below (assuming firmware version 1.03 or greater).

ENG SYNC: FULL setting provides for engine sync any time the boat speed is above 8 MPH. “SYNC MSTR: AUTO”, which allows Ridesteady to select which engine to adjust for synchronization, must also be set for “full time” engine synchronization to work. They are not default options, so they must be selected in the settings if “full time” engine sync is desired.
Well that's SLICK AF. Thanks!

nukethewales

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was hoping a Throttle Sync would be available for my '23 AR220 as I had one on my '17 AR210 and I loved it. After a couple outings on the new boat and hating the dual throttles, I opted to crudely make something work on my own. It's not pretty but works great.

New to the forum and jet boats - i'm wondering how often you need to use different throttle inputs to steer the boat when docking at low speed? This makes steering from the engines impossible, so is that something worth considering or nah?

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New to the forum and jet boats - i'm wondering how often you need to use different throttle inputs to steer the boat when docking at low speed? This makes steering from the engines impossible, so is that something worth considering or nah?
I wouldn't recommend this. To break the throttles in forward and reverse is a great way to maneuver at low speed for docking and turning.

I do wish there was a less expensive option than Ride Steady though. I was messing around with a CAD program but I am not really versed and was hard to translate to the CAD I got from Yamaha on the throttles. At the same token another reason I gave up was even at the same position at the throttle levers, the engines could be off 100 or more rpms and it is quite annoying. So my solution was to tighten the throttle adjustment up a little and fine tune for rpm balance while underway.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That depends on your piloting style. I use split throttles all the time when maneuvering around the docks and when loading the boat on the trailer. I also use split throttles and then switch to throttles together and the steering wheel to gain a lot of maneuverability. The key is keeping the steering wheel centered when using split throttles.

Go out and practice practice practice…it’s fun!

nukethewales

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would probably use split throttles to dock and move around in tight spaces.
If I were able to master the split throttle thing would that negate the need to buy thrust vectors / cobra ?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I would probably use split throttles to dock and move around in tight spaces.
If I were able to master the split throttle thing would that negate the need to buy thrust vectors / cobra ?
If that is all you care about, but if you want to get rid of the bow wander at all speeds and the loss of speed in turns and the loss of control if you turn while rapidly decelerating and you want a faster hole shot plus a smoother ride in chop and be able to let guest operators drive with confidence and tack waves in a storm then you can't rule out the COBRA JET STEERING SYSTEMS and you get the second tie rod on the twin ak models for a balanced steering system that also maintains the proper settings of the nozzles as well as redundency in the steering if one side ever had a cable fail the other will take over the complete steering system . A few of my favorite videos for those who are not familiar with that steering https://fb.watch/dMr4yZ8EDA/
https://fb.watch/dMr4yZ8EDA/ Timothy | Facebook

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
you can split the throttles at the dock but remember your nozzles already have built in angled reverse thrust that creates just the correct amount of side push without taking a lot of your real reverse thrust away or your stopping power, that being said you can use just one throttle in reverse and one in neutral or one in forward and one in reverse plus you can use the throttles to just bump in forward or reverse however in most cases it is not necessary with the new angled reverse shoots under the nozzles beginning in 2015 models. the one on the right is pre 2015 and the one on the left is 2015 plus. What I like about the newer one is it creates a balance of reverse thrust and side thrust either way it is turned . 1701811515441.jpeg

Southerntide

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was hoping a Throttle Sync would be available for my '23 AR220 as I had one on my '17 AR210 and I loved it. After a couple outings on the new boat and hating the dual throttles, I opted to crudely make something work on my own. It's not pretty but works great.

This is where I’m at if no one makes one! The throttle slip on the port side is horrible!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
There is a tensioner in the control box so the throttle slip[ can be adjusted to keep it from backing off There are many posts showing you how to adjust it

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi...is that electrical tape?

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi...is that electrical tape?
If you are referring to my homemade “throttle sync”, then yes. It is definitely crude, but it works. I have had it on for about a year and would not have it any other way. It works great for what I wanted it to do.

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cool....was just thinking about something like that on my '20 AR210. The throttles do get in different spots. More so when the wife is at the helm. Might give that a try this season.