• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Time for a new trailer jack for our FSH 195

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I see a lot of different opinions on replacement trailer jacks...been reading older threads on the subject. The ARK750 seems to be at the top of the heap, but seems overkill for my 19 footer. I also see Fulton, Harbor Freight, Northern Tool brands suggested as options. I'd like one that I could bolt in place of the factory jack as I dson't think I have the room for a clamp on.

Share your jacks!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is the OEM one.. should bolt right onto the winch stand.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is the OEM one.. should bolt right onto the winch stand.

Appreciate it! I'd like to upgrade to something that won't fail after a couple of seasons. I lubricated it and took care of it and it's whining really bad when jacking up. Hoping to replace it before it totally quits on me.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You might check out that website as they have all kinds of trailer jacks.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You might check out that website as they have all kinds of trailer jacks.
I checked them out. They do have some of the other jacks such as the ones from Fulton. I may end up trying one of those out, I'm just unsure whether I can get it attached to the factory mount.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I went with this one yesterday. For $35 and 20 min install time, hopefully it lasts as long as my 1.5yr old factory jack.
HAUL-MASTER 1000 lb. Swing-Away Trailer Jack - Item 57732 https://hftools.com/app57732
IMG_3652.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well, as luck would have it, I just used the link for the oem trailer Jack to buy another one as mine just started to make some squeaking noises.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well, as luck would have it, I just used the link for the oem trailer Jack to buy another one as mine just started to make some squeaking noises.
Man that sucks! That's why I'm really wanting something better than OEM... don't wasn't the hassle/expense to have to replace every other year. Hope I didn't jinx you.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Man that sucks! That's why I'm really wanting something better than OEM... don't wasn't the hassle/expense to have to replace every other year. Hope I didn't jinx you.
I thought it was ironic! I had thought the same that yours had given up the ghost then not 24 hours later mine started squealing. I doused it with spray lithium grease, inside the top cover and through the hole in the bottom, I t helped but that didn’t stop it.

While I haven’t looked at it really hard it doesn’t appear that it can be disassembled to get at the screw inside to lubricate it which is what I think is squealing. It looks like the inner piece with the screw is slipped up inside the main body then crimped in place.

The last time irony happened was when a guest had messed up my swim ladder and when I came onto to the site to search a solution it was at the top of the recent post’s.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I thought it was ironic! I had thought the same that yours had given up the ghost then not 24 hours later mine started squealing. I doused it with spray lithium grease, inside the top cover and through the hole in the bottom, I t helped but that didn’t stop it.

While I haven’t looked at it really hard it doesn’t appear that it can be disassembled to get at the screw inside to lubricate it which is what I think is squealing. It looks like the inner piece with the screw is slipped up inside the main body then crimped in place.

The last time irony happened was when a guest had messed up my swim ladder and when I came onto to the site to search a solution it was at the top of the recent post’s.
I've taken the top cap off to grease, but that's just the handle.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've taken the top cap off to grease, but that's just the handle.
Yep, that’s all you can do as designed. Hmmmmm, I wonder if drilling a hole in the side so you could spray grease onto the screw would be worth looking into? Might take a couple of holes so that the grease could be sprayed on in at least two places. There has to be a nut on the leg that extends, as the gear drive on top must just spin the screw / threaded portion, that would solve the issue I think. I don’t think any jack is going to last unless that part can be lubricated as our jacks get submersed. I took note of mine yesterday when I loaded up and saw it was mostly under water, so drilling holes in the side isn’t going to hurt anything.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yep, that’s all you can do as designed. Hmmmmm, I wonder if drilling a hole in the side so you could spray grease onto the screw would be worth looking into? Might take a couple of holes so that the grease could be sprayed on in at least two places. There has to be a nut on the leg that extends, as the gear drive on top must just spin the screw / threaded portion, that would solve the issue I think. I don’t think any jack is going to last unless that part can be lubricated as our jacks get submersed. I took note of mine yesterday when I loaded up and saw it was mostly under water, so drilling holes in the side isn’t going to hurt anything.
Could always drill/tap and install a grease fitting. I would think grease would be the better way to go.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Could always drill/tap and install a grease fitting. I would think grease would be the better way to go.
That would be good if you could get the grease right onto the threads of the screw.

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Through the years of owning boats, using them in salt and fresh water I've been through few different jacks. I can say that all pretty much last almost the same amount of time. Especially if salt is involved at any capacity. I've been replacing my jacks every few years with just the standard west marine. But that's just me.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well, the new trailer jack got here.. and wouldn’t you know the hosing down of the OEM one with spray lithium grease seems to have cured the dry squealing problem so I’ll run the OEM one for a while longer.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While the trailer was hooked to the truck I flipped my jack upside down and poured a small amount of gear oil through the hole above the wheel onto the threads and ran the jack all the way out and back in. I also put some oil on the shaft for the wheel. It takes less effort to jack the boat up now and should hopefully make it last a while longer.

Last edited: