• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower up or folded for 242 e-series road trip?

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey All,

I am leaving for a 360 mile trip tomorrow from DC to CT and am wondering what I should do with my E-Series tower? I am going to take the canvas off and stow it but I am unsure if I should travel with the tower up or down or if it even makes a difference.

Also, I have the installed bow and cockpit snap covers, should I tow with those or the shipping cover or both? I do know to drive with the poles stowed.

Thanks!

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Leave it up with canvas off. I wish there was a way to tow with it folded. I use mooring cover to trailer without poles. Carpet can stay in with cover on but may fly out with cover off. Beware, my mooring cover leaves scuff marks on a few areas. I will use some painters tape over those next time to avoid buffing later.

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Leave it up with canvas off. I wish there was a way to tow with it folded. I use mooring cover to trailer without poles. Carpet can stay in with cover on but may fly out with cover off. Beware, my mooring cover leaves scuff marks on a few areas. I will use some painters tape over those next time to avoid buffing later.
The tower folds, but you can't tow with it that way?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I read somewhere that Yamaha recommends towing with it up. Probably because it is more stable that way. When I tow to Florida I will tow with it up and mooring cover on. I also plan to put masking tape on all the forward edges as it is easier/faster to do that, than to scrape off all the bugs that splat on it!

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If you tow without poles and get caught in a rain storm do you have to get under mooring cover to get water off or it just comes off naturally driving? Are there no need for poles even if it pours?

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
As long as you are moving the wind should keep the water from pooling, but if you stop I would check it before getting underway, or leave it under gas station awning. :winkingthumbsup"