• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towing 24' Yamaha with Chevy Tahoe ??

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
wow, freakin texas trucks! 2WD standard, 4wd optional. I laugh when I see all the texans come up our way to do field work in the summer with their monster 2wd trucks.

I actually saw Nissan's in California with the "off road package" on 2wd trucks because Californians liked the look. WTF.

But yes, keep us back on topic. I rode in a 6.2 on Friday for the first time when my buddy actually put the screws to it for a quarter mile. OMG, for juice. That was very impressive for a heavy truck!!

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
In all seriousness, how does one buy a 2wd truck by accident?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In all seriousness, how does one buy a 2wd truck by accident?
Oh we gave him a serious rash of shit about it. Probably will for many years to come.

He bought under the assumption that ALL Denalis are All-Wheel-Drive. And that used to be true until 2014 when they moved to the latest body style. The "old" Denalis didn't have a 4wd switch on the dash because they were All-Wheel-Drive, when they moved to part time 4wd in 2014 they started putting a switch in the dash. He had never seen a Denali with a 4wd switch, and just casually thought "well they all have AWD, so no big deal"......The part that I think is hilarious is how he got his truck stuck in what amounted to wet grass in his somewhat steeply sloped front yard. The locking rear diff wasn't working, and he was spinning one tire attempting to back a trailer to the front door to move some large furniture. He then thought "The AWD is broken" and started crawling around underneath, only to find that the AWD wasn't broken, but missing entirely.

I mean we give him a REALLY hard time about it. I'm sure he thinks we're all a bunch of jerks, but WOW the jokes and jabs we get in are hilarious.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh we gave him a serious rash of shit about it. Probably will for many years to come.

He bought under the assumption that ALL Denalis are All-Wheel-Drive. And that used to be true until 2014 when they moved to the latest body style. The "old" Denalis didn't have a 4wd switch on the dash because they were All-Wheel-Drive, when they moved to part time 4wd in 2014 they started putting a switch in the dash. He had never seen a Denali with a 4wd switch, and just casually thought "well they all have AWD, so no big deal"......The part that I think is hilarious is how he got his truck stuck in what amounted to wet grass in his somewhat steeply sloped front yard. The locking rear diff wasn't working, and he was spinning one tire attempting to back a trailer to the front door to move some large furniture. He then thought "The AWD is broken" and started crawling around underneath, only to find that the AWD wasn't broken, but missing entirely.

I mean we give him a REALLY hard time about it. I'm sure he thinks we're all a bunch of jerks, but WOW the jokes and jabs we get in are hilarious.
Man, I feel sorry for him. That type of thing can pretty much put a guy on the losing end of ANY automotive discussion for the rest of his life.

Him: "I like red trucks."

Anyone: "Don't go buying one in the dark. You might get a surprise in the morning."

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man, I feel sorry for him. That type of thing can pretty much put a guy on the losing end of ANY automotive discussion for the rest of his life.

Him: "I like red trucks."

Anyone: "Don't go buying one in the dark. You might get a surprise in the morning."
Yea, it's already like that.

He's a genuinely nice guy though, and really well liked in the family. All the hard times we give him are 110% in good fun. We have a lot of fun though :D :D