• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trick to open trailer brake-key slot

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Gonna say something ridiculous here but not too long ago I had put my 4 pin adapter on (not realizing I wasnt using my 5 pin one) and could not get the boat trailer to disengage/unlock the brakes at all. Literally blocking the parking lot. So what I have learned is to flip the 4 pin prong connector and plug it in. Put the truck in reverse and "turn on the head lights". This tricked the trailer into thinking it was in reverse and it unlocked/disengaged the brakes.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yep! Just started doing that. Works great! My magnet is a lot smaller from Home Depot. About $2.50 for two of them. Sure beats zip ties.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I believe f150 wiring is different. My back up would never disengage either
So I rewired the harness.
I bought a 7-way plug and rehooked all wires. Now no problem.
I also have that orange buddy backup I used before I rewired trailer and I attached that to the trailer so I didn't have to worry about losing it or dropping it.

Attachments

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I’m in the same boat, well different model though. Genius ideas and solutions. Thanks for the links guys! One Ordered!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
In 12 years I have NEVER ever used the trailer backup key, and I have to backup a steep driveway at my house. Just fix the freakin tow vehicle wiring!!! Using the key is a manual PITA.

Huv1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just simply replaced a blown 10 amp fuse on my truck...problem solved with no further issues.