• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trip Planning Boating Centric Ocean

I would strongly suggest the Destin area. Been down a number of times for family vacations between orange beach on down towards Destin. Never piloted my own boat down there but been out on the water with friends. We refer to the area as the poor man's Caribbean!

gulf shores/orange beach alabama. W spent a week down there wishing we had towed the boat lol Ill guess a two day 15+ drive for you from detroit

I don't mind the driving at all. I actually enjoy road trips, always have. Would like to go to Lake Mead or other areas there as well someday.

BUT..... The Admiral and the crew say that I am unbearable to be in a car for long periods of time........... Perhaps I just fly them down two days after I leave. I mentioned Bimini for next year or the year after, but they said they would be flying in. :rolleyes:

Have you been up to Torch Lake? BEAUTIFUL!!!! is the only word I can say about it. We spend a week up there every summer and go on the chain

We are trying to, but everything reasonable is booked up. No I haven't been on the water personally but I have driven around it many times.

Have you been up to Torch Lake? BEAUTIFUL!!!! is the only word I can say about it. We spend a week up there every summer and go on the chain

We have friends that head up there every year but have never been. The wife has it on the top of the list of places we need to go with the boat!

We'll be back down in FL Late July/early August for 2 weeks, if you are down there at that time let me know. My brother in law has an SX230, we get together and tube, hang out, etc. It's a blast.

Whereabouts in FL? We will be in PCB at that time - east end, St Andrews Bay.

I would strongly suggest the Destin area. Been down a number of times for family vacations between orange beach on down towards Destin. Never piloted my own boat down there but been out on the water with friends. We refer to the area as the poor man's Caribbean!

Always a good choice. Crab Island, Destin Harbor. I can tell you, though - FL is booked pretty solid through peak season. Condos and slips. I would expect things to open up around the second week of August.

Whereabouts in FL? We will be in PCB at that time - east end, St Andrews Bay.
We stay in Navarre, usually put in at Juanas and head east or west from there.

Can anyone suggest hotel and or marinas in the Destin area?

Another vote for Destin FL... top tip though ... the water is COLD in February! Only the Canadians were going in for a dip :) I've stayed at Sandestin golf resort and the Hilton.

Food was great everywhere we went.

Back