• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

tru locks 2 issue.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Have them installed. One came out easy like always at the end of the day. The other. Still stuck. A complete mother f'r rt now to get out. any suggestions. Also sucks water I'd built up to the top of that compartment. Is that normal ?

I have trulock 2's as well. The water on top of the plug is normal. The tough release is not. I would disassemble the plug and watch the video Will has on YouTube and reassemble. Mine release with no problem. If it's sticking something is not right.

Yes Im gonna have to do that ONCE I get it out of the port. Will try again tomorrow after work. Im over it for now !!

True loks, or ez locks don't prevent the need to keep the plugs clean. Scum, debris, corrosion, all prevent the plug from functioning correctly. However, you may still have a lock issue. So call Will Owen @JetBoatPilot He can get you answers if it is he locks, fast!

Yes I have taken them out each time and hosed them off along with the port after boating, plus I only have 10 hrs on the boat so not much time to begin with. Like I said before, when I get home from work today I am gonna try and get it out again. But no matter how soft or hard I hit the "release" button, it wouldn't come undone.

In 1 year, I have not experienced any problems whatsoever with my Tru Locks 2.
EXCELLENT product, Will. Hoping that Geiger's situation gets rectified quickly and easily.
Wishing everyone a most enjoyable rest of your Memorial Day Holiday weekend.
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Mine sticks alittle as well. At first I couldn't get it to release at all. I called will and he said one of the screws needed to be tightend more. I believe he said some of the screw holes were not quite deep enough on some of them and it was creating a problem. Call Will he will tell you what to do.

I thought mine were defective when I first installed them. They would not unlock at all. The release button needed to be screwed on further. I ended up needing pliers to get it screwed down far enough.

So your saying the release button actually rotates and can be screwed down more?? Never knew that. We will see I get back at it and see what I can do. Guess I will try and tighten the screws and plug then see.

Yes the push button us threaded onto the Tru lock shaft and if you're not able to release the plug simply rotate the push button another 1/4 to 1/2 turn. That should fix it.

As others have mentioned, I had the same issue with one of mine, e-mailed Will and he said to screw the cap down some more. I did (a little difficult) and haven't had a problem since.

PROBLEM SOLVED !! I hand screwed the push button down until I couldn't anymore. Then tried to get the plug out and it worked perfectly. Hope anyone that has this issue can now use this info !! Thanks everyone for the help !!

PROBLEM SOLVED !! I hand screwed the push button down until I couldn't anymore. Then tried to get the plug out and it worked perfectly. Hope anyone that has this issue can now use this info !! Thanks everyone for the help !!

Excellent! That's good to know for those who use these things.
I don't ever worry about my plugs. The JB Weld is doing such a great job, I don't think I'll ever have a blow-out! :p

Back