• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tube storage

Trannyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey do you guys store your tubes aired up or down? I’ve always let the air out of mine to store them but they don’t dry very well that way. I have gotten a new garage just for my boat so I finally have plenty of room to just leave them aired up but was wondering if that would be hard on the tubes?

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Aired down.

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have done both, if we are using it often, I leave it aired up (I know, against standard reccomendations) but if it is going to be sitting for a while (more than a week or two) I usually let the air out.

Lately we have just been inflating when we want to use it then deflating it before we even bring it home to save some space on the boat.

For drying, if aired down, I either lay it out outside to dry or try to hang it inside.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My dad bought a tube 25 years ago, it never got much use, but it’s never been aired down. Just filled as needed for the occasional use. Once I get a pole barn built, I’ll bring it to the lake, and store it aired up too.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
We air them down when we are done using them and then hang them up that way in the shed after putting the boat to bed. As long as you hang them up they dry out just fine.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MidnightRider beat me by 12 min. We do exactly the same thing. In fact, I take my old tow rope (the one that was starting to show some wear, so was retired) and wrapped it around the roof rafter, leaving the loop hanging. Then I just hang it there by the tow point...

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used to leave mine inflated for seasons on end. The last boat had nowhere to store it even if it was deflated. On the water it lived attached the ski eye on the back and partially floating. When on the trailer is was strapped down over the "back-to-back" seats that had been laid flat. It was a ginormous PIA.

When we got the Yamaha we did the same thing, thinking that was just the way it was. We quickly realized we didn't have to deal with that giant PIA tube if we deflated it well, folded it neatly, and stuffed it under a seat. Because I can't get the water to stay on the outside of my boat, I've actually just recently stuffed the tube into a medium sized tote, and wiggled the tote under the starboard rear seat of my 190 (No way this would work with folding seats BTW). We haven't even inflated it once this season and I was tired of having to dry it out each time. So I dried it as best I could in the garage, folded it up super tight and stuck it in the tote. Threw some desiccant bags in there as well to hopefully keep it dry should it get some moisture in there.

As much of a PIA as it is to inflate/deflate on the water. It's still better than dealing with that giant thing inflated when not in use.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I put mine in the bed of the truck inflated and then set my yeti inside it to hold it down while it air dries on the way home. Then I deflate, fold, and stuff it under a seat.

Spooling

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I always air dry our tube before deflating it. Usually prop it up against something in full sun. Drying it while inflated leaves less of a chance some water will be in a wrinkle somewhere to start growing mildew.

Trannyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks guys. I didn’t know if it would hurt them leaving them aired up or not and was tired of worrying about them getting mildew. I think I will try to hang it up in my garage after airing it down. Hadn’t thought about that I guess

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have my tube to my dad! To lazy to mess with it. He's had a old tube for 5+ years pumped up in his garage. Now he has a big ass 3 person tube hanging in is place! Haha.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
End of day, I let the air out, lay across the 2 captains chairs, put the mooring cover on while I'm gone. When I come back the next week, goes in the ski storage.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
End of the day I let the air out and typically the boat trailer stays in the garage over the summer (it's the only place I can put it and not pay to put it there). I find the trailer frames and bunks make a great drying rack.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey do you guys store your tubes aired up or down? I’ve always let the air out of mine to store them but they don’t dry very well that way. I have gotten a new garage just for my boat so I finally have plenty of room to just leave them aired up but was wondering if that would be hard on the tubes?
I deflate mine and drape them over chairs on our screened in porch. Then, once dry I roll them up and store them.