• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Twin Turbo LS2000....500HP.....83MPH?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
He's a member over "there" and yes, I'm pretty sure he does that.
Concerns were that he was spinning faster than the 7k rpm that the pump was designed for, so the bearings may spin out and it's actually even LESS efficient than it could be.
He also had the snowmobile "transmission/clutch" before the shaft, so even at low speeds, he could just pin it and it would go full power and it would just apply all the power possible at low speeds, and then also allow him to go very very fast.
That 2 stroke hull is much much shallower than the newer boats, so I believe he could go over 90 with that much horsepower.
In our boats, it would probably be about 70 according to my exponential calculations.
I would really really like to find some less expensive motors to throw in these boats, but Yamaha makes a great setup with great reliability.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our LS2000 screamed along at close to 60 so I would think faster is possible, but the pump through-put would be the limiting factor.......

Dunno? 83 is mighty fast........there are aero concerns at that speed too....

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Jet ski's are doing 80+ with same pump but like 250-300 hp.
Why wouldn't a boat with twin pumps and 500+ hp be able to do 83?
Aerodynamics would start to play a role, true.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
At some point, with as flat a bottom as that boat has, the hull might lift itself and flip...which would be really bad...but I think that would take well over 100mph to get to!

Must be fun for sure!

bucks448

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At some point, with as flat a bottom as that boat has, the hull might lift itself and flip...which would be really bad...but I think that would take well over 100mph to get to!

Must be fun for sure!
He also put trim tabs on it to keep it stable.

-Jared

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I like it.