• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

VHF Procedures Question

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here’s a question for those who use experience with their VHF:

Is there a way to distinguish yourself as “more than one boat” when hailing a Marina, etc?

Using aviation radio procedures; If I am flying with another helicopter I would identify myself by saying:
“Indy Tower, this is Copter 12345 and Flight”
They would respond back and then I would follow up with
“Indy Tower, Copter 12345 is a flight of 2 (insert helicopter description) 5-miles East at 1500’, inbound for landing”...

Is there something that is the marine equivalent?

Maybe; “XYZ Harbor, Orca and (Float?)...”

I’ll be traveling with another boat and would prefer to make one call if possible, but maybe that’s not something that anyone cares about on the water.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Indy Tower, Indy Tower, Indy Tower, this is Copter 12345, copter 12345, Copter 12345, with Bravo 123, bravo 123, bravo 123, two boats 5 miles East of horbour, ( name any urgency, incident or warning or request assistance ), over .

Copter 12345, Copter12345, copter 12345, this is Indy tower, Indy tower, Indy tower, ( will repeat what you said to confirm what you request )over.

indy tower, indy tower, indy tower, this is Copter, Copter, Copter, that is correct and proceed, over and out !

have to repeat three time depend if the communication established, if in sight and clear and well establish, will just go with one name call. the proper VHF comm need particular use of term.....

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great, thanks!