• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vinyl Restoration

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I used a boat detail company and they used soft scrub and a magic eraser on my vinyl cushions. They now have cark blemishing. Previously in great condition. Boat is only 5 years old and very well maintained. Any suggestions on a product or method to get the original white color back over the blemishes?

Thanks!!

Attachments

• seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • seat 2.jpg
    seat 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Try this.
Works wonders on my golf cart seats.
Just spray it on. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
Rinse.

STAR BRITE Professional Grade Mold & Mildew Stain Remover - 32 OZ (120032) Amazon.com

Thank you very much. The vinyl is decolored from being cleaned too hard. Its not stains as much as it is discoloring. Do you think it would still work?

Thanks

Do you think the dye was removed?
If so you'll have to have it re-dyed.
Contact a local car dealership.
They'll put you in touch with a local vendor who does that.

However, this Star Brite stuff might also help.
I would try it first.

good call. Ill give it a try. Nice boat!

Thanks, Doug

Star Brite products are the bomb!

I'd be surprised if anything brought the vinyl back if they got on it that hard with soft scrub or a magic eraser. No way I'm getting anywhere my vinyl with an abrasive.

I like Starbrite products but if the vinyl was damaged by an abrasive like Soft Scrub or a Magic Eraser I’m not sure how a stain remover is gonna help. 😕

Back