• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy Wanted: Wakeboard fins

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bought an O'Brien Myth 126 at a side of the road yard sale yesterday. Except I was with a friend on the way to a B'day party and did not take a good look at it. When I got home I noticed there was no fins. I bought this for the kids especially the 9yo who I am going to try to teach to water ski this season but with his issues I do not know if he will do it or not. So I'm not wanting to put alot of money into it and was wondering if anyone has an old set of fins they want to sell cheap. I think 1.5" to 2" would be good. It is the single screw type with the two tabs. Thanks in advance.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys. I'm going to call O'brien tomorrow.

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian. You were right on the money. I called O'brien this AM and explained the situation and that I could only find them in the UK. Thier agent Zack called back about an hour later. He said he found a few pair there and would ship me a set out for free. I then mention that the previous owner had cut the laces off to short to allow adjustment. He said no prob and would toss in a set of laces also. This is the type of company I like to deal with. I have owned O'brien equipment before, as far back as my teens maybe earlier but never had the need to call them. It is service like this (especially on a board I bought used and only expecting to find where I might purchase them) that will have me looking at O'brien in the future as my toy needs arise. I am going to send them an Email singing praises and maybe even sit down and pen an old fashion letter on their gracious customer support.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Lawson2479 Isn't it great when a company steps up like this!!! AWESOME!

I had a similar experience with Bose. I have a pair of their expensive noise cancelling headphones and a bit of the part that goes over your head broke. I called them, and despite being WAY WAY out of warranty, they sent me a new pair!!!!

Way to go O'Brien!!!!

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian It is. Especially in a time where it seems the customer is always wrong. I love Bose equipment. Thier 901 series speaker states unlimited wattage in a non-commercial application. Just keep turning them up until the windows shatter and the house crumbles. Armand was a genius. If you can find the video check out their suspension for cars. It is amazing.