• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Water inlet for shower?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What are you guys using? I would like to keep it small.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for or not... this is my shower install from back in 2009.

Attachments

@cwoav8r, great writeup and perfect location for the inlet.

Thank you!

Great install! A must have for us salty boats.

Not an answer, you got that already, but here's a neat alternative. For those who want a shower, but don't want to do a permanent install.

@Glassman I really like that big kahuna shower idea! I don't much want to install a permanent shower in my boat but have the desire to have a shower at times...that would be a great product! And gives me an idea about making something, although as cheap as that one is, hard to beat that!

In SW Florida during the summer, all you have to do is wait for 3 o'clock... the rain starts and you get a free shower...

@Glassman I really like that big kahuna shower idea! I don't much want to install a permanent shower in my boat but have the desire to have a shower at times...that would be a great product! And gives me an idea about making something, although as cheap as that one is, hard to beat that!

I wish I had seen this before I installed mine.

http://www.westmarine.com/showers/big-kahuna--8-gallon-portable-shower--13360755

Interesting idea....certainly seems simple and easy!

Not sure his video above really is attempting to tap the right market. Most people have a hose in their back yard to wash the dog with! He needs a marketing person! Salt water and fishing washdown while out on the water and camping....now there's some markets...

I was thinkin' exactly the same thing @Julian.

Huh?

It's cheaper at West Marine than at Amazon.

This never happens. Is it the end of the world and no one told me?

I find a ton of overpriced stuff at Amazon. You always need to price check no matter where you shop.

Huh?

It's cheaper at West Marine than at Amazon.

This never happens. Is it the end of the world and no one told me?

I hate when that happens! :hungover:

BUT, then I figure up gas, my time and local taxes and I end up buying from Amazon. Ten bucks more for the 8 gallon, heck tax alone is $13.41 at my local rate - I just checked, no tax for me on Amazon! They don't sell the 13 gal. at West Marine and Amazon has it for $169.00. Not bad I'd say.

Actually I'm getting a bit queasy thinking of how much I spent on my install - :(

Besides, I have a great collection of cardboard boxes that I'm very proud of and need to collect more.

That's a great way to put it. If someone ask, from now on, I am going to just tell them I collect boxes. :winkingthumbsup"

I still have my Yamaha kit in my garage that I need to find time to install.

Yeah, I'd love to build one from scratch but I can't get the time to install a kit much less figure out all the parts I need and put together. I found this kit really cheap, that's really the only reason I bought it when I did.

Back