• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water pooling on the bow

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
So this website is a little lacking in the 190/192 area, let's change that :) Hopefully more users will show up in here and grow the 19' section.

Anyhow, how many of you have little puddles pooling on your mooring covers right behind or next to the grab handles in the bow?

This morning I tried tying the straps of the anti-pooling pole to the grab handle to see if that fixed it and it made it better, but I still have a little puddle of water not running off the cover. I am just curious if any of you do or maybe I am doing something wrong LOL.

I will try to snap a pic when we get a break in the rain.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have that also on my 230, in the winter I tie an additional piece of string from the grab handles to the extension support pole to eliminate the pooling,

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Well that solves it. I am not doing anything wrong it appears.

It's very minimal but here you can see the area I am speaking of.

Or I won't insert or upload a pic from my phone. Hmmmm I could do it on my old iPhone but I guess I can't on the 6. Grrrrr

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Try putting something under the anti-pooling pole in the nose to raise it up.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Which cover are you using? Is it the white shipping cover, or another one? I know you said mooring cover, but there are a couple different ones out there...

I know on my Yamaha "premium deluxe mooring cover", there was a bit of pooling right behind the windshield, but that went away when I tightened the ratchets down more. Also I did try sticking a upside down tupperware container (like 3" tall) under the anti-pooling pole's foot. That seemed to help as well with the pooling there.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I have the premium mooring cover (like the old style). I will try putting something under the front pole and see what that does. Seems simple and effective enough!! Thanks guys! It's great to see a little action in this section. Ironically, its from guys with bigger boats :)

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not saying this is your issue, as it likely is not, but...

I was recently frustrated with some pooling on my mooring cover until I realized my boat was not level in the driveway.
Backed up my mildly sloping drive, the boat had a bit of a bow down angle. I used a couple 4x4 boards under my trailer jack to kick the bow up a bit past level and problem was solved.

Note: I put a couple of jack stands under the front of the trailer frame to relieve the pressure on the trailer jack + 4x4 boards for safety/stability purposes.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
My drive is sloped but the I am able to get it just above level with the trailer jack extended all the way. I like the idea of the jack stands for stability. I might look into that. Thanks!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sidebar, I always use a jack stand when storing or working on the boat when on the trailer. Way more stable than the jack alone.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My cover does the same thing. I am going to toy around a block of wood under the support pole and adding some rope between the support and the tower when I get the boat back in the spring. I have stains on the cover now where it pools from just one season and I cleaned the cover a couple times last year.