• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What button controls what lights?

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
May be a stupid question but what controls what lights. I get the nav lights because that’s pretty straight forward but what he hell is the RGB dial button do? Do I have to have certain buttons on for these lights to work?
have CTSY lights/dock lights that look like high beams lol.
C75EFA3D-195B-4CD1-B963-97DCD5A1D6F1.jpeg
Plus in glove box a switch for exterior lights. Boat has lights coming out of every you know what! Haha

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I'm going to guess your boat has LED lights in the sound system and that RGB dial changes the color of them (or some other LED lights you have in the boat- like courtesy lights)
Ya I tried reading the manual and it looks like they haven’t updated it from 2014. I do have the lighting package, ctsy lights as well. Just haven’t taken boat out at dusk or night because the temp drops.
Is it norm when boat is completely off and it still finds the Bluetooth? I woke up next morn and battery was t!ts up. So now I turn off at battery dial every night which is pain in arse.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ya I tried reading the manual and it looks like they haven’t updated it from 2014. I do have the lighting package, ctsy lights as well. Just haven’t taken boat out at dusk or night because the temp drops.
Is it norm when boat is completely off and it still finds the Bluetooth? I woke up next morn and battery was t!ts up. So now I turn off at battery dial every night which is pain in arse.
The battery switches are there to prevent drain on the batteries from things like your stereo. Each boat can be different, some require switches to be on if the boat is in the water for bilge operations, some do not. You will want to learn/know how yours works.

Last edited:

Jet Boat Tom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Switch 1 is you navigation lights. Switch up will be your bow light and stern light. Switch down is just your stern light.

Switch 2 is your courtesy/docking lights. Switch up will just be your courtesy lights. Switch down will be courtesy lights and docking lights if equipped.

Switch 3 is your RGB control knob. Switch 2 has to be in the on position for these to work. Flip switch 2 on then hold the RGB knob down until lights come on. Rotate dial to select a specific color. There are 3 different sections to the controller.
1st is specific color selection
2nd is brightness of that specific color
3rd is a strobe feature. Once strobe is on rotate dial to speed up or slow down strobe.

To select between different sections of features just push the knob down foe a second.

To shut system down you can hold the controller knob down until they shut off or you can just shut Switch 2 off.Screenshot_20210518-205633_Chrome.jpg

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Switch 1 is you navigation lights. Switch up will be your bow light and stern light. Switch down is just your stern light.

Switch 2 is your courtesy/docking lights. Switch up will just be your courtesy lights. Switch down will be courtesy lights and docking lights if equipped.

Switch 3 is your RGB control knob. Switch 2 has to be in the on position for these to work. Flip switch 2 on then hold the RGB knob down until lights come on. Rotate dial to select a specific color. There are 3 different sections to the controller.
1st is specific color selection
2nd is brightness of that specific color
3rd is a strobe feature. Once strobe is on rotate dial to speed up or slow down strobe.

To select between different sections of features just push the knob down foe a second.

To shut system down you can hold the controller knob down until they shut off or you can just shut Switch 2 off.View attachment 150538
Thanks a lot for that explanation. I would of never fig that out. I went down at dusk and was getting eaten by mosquitoes. I just said hell with it. Lol.
Thanks for the help man. Much appreciated!

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
One last question... I have another light switch in glove box? Could that be underwater lights?

Jet Boat Tom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
The switch in the glove box is an on/off switch for the Swim Speakers Lights,Tower Speakers Lights and I believe underwater light.

Just in case you get stopped by the law.

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Thanks again fellas works like exactly how u said. Does anyone else have issue with Bluetooth being on even when boat is completely off. If I turn battery switch it’s off but if I don’t BT is still connected and I think it killed my battery other day. Now I shut off on dial every-time which is a pain in the ass.