• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is this part? Bucket Rod

tom5796

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey all, I sucked up a chunk of wood which jammed the impeller so had to remove the jet assembly to get it out. On the very last bolt tighten during reinstall I put too much pressure on the rod that controls the bucket and it snapped (see pic). Anybody know what this is called and/or where I might find one quickly? Dealer is closed today and I'd like to make sure I'm ready for this weekend. I appreciate it!

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

tom5796

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ugh. Was hoping that the rod was a sub-part that could be easily replaced. Thanks for the reply!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ugh. Was hoping that the rod was a sub-part that could be easily replaced. Thanks for the reply!
Have you confirmed there isn't enough thread on it to use it as is? You would likely have to adjust the other end of the cable to get the bucket to the correct position...but it might be doable?

tom5796

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Have you confirmed there isn't enough thread on it to use it as is? You would likely have to adjust the other end of the cable to get the bucket to the correct position...but it might be doable?
Perhaps. I didn't realize it was part of a single cable going all that distance. Will check it out.

Thanks, again!