• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What's your favorite Bourbon?

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Nothing special, just hard to find in this part of the country.
So when I saw it in a liquor store when I was in WI skiing last weekend I jumped on what they had in stock...
First bottle is frosty from being in the freezer.
View attachment 194285
Tried Buffalo Trace for the 1st time at a restaurant in Orlando, thought is was pretty smooth. They charged $16 a shot.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Are you saying I have about $1400 in Buffalo Trace right here!?!? :D I did pretty well then, it was only $27/bottle...
Enjoy your wealth.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tried Buffalo Trace for the 1st time at a restaurant in Orlando, thought is was pretty smooth. They charged $16 a shot.
That price is utterly preposterous. That $27/bottle is typical, so why the 3-4x markup to $16/shot?

I don't mind paying to try something, but that pricing tells me I shouldn't step foot in that bar.

What's the cost for a Busch Light, $7? Good grief 😳🙄

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That price is utterly preposterous. That $27/bottle is typical, so why the 3-4x markup to $16/shot?

I don't mind paying to try something, but that pricing tells me I shouldn't step foot in that bar.

That's what buffalo trace is going for in every bar I've been into in the past year. It's just so hard to come by in some parts of the country that it commands a premium by the shot.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's what buffalo trace is going for in every bar I've been into in the past year. It's just so hard to come by in some parts of the country that it commands a premium by the shot.
I guess that's a benefit of living in a drunken state like Wisconsin 😅

True, it's not in every bar, but the boonies where our lake house is, that can be had for $5-7, depending on the season. 2 bars carry it, and I can get access to a case from 2 separate liquor stores. Not so sure now, but I still have 3 bottles left from my last purchase.

Maybe it's similar to the access you get if you live within state, and we're just honorary adopted drunks 😁

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m getting more turned off by bourbon every year. You go into the bourbon isle in a big liquor store and it’s packed. It was fun while it lasted but it’s so over rated now.

I’ve turned into a martini hound. Kettle One or Stoli being my go to. I spend extra on good blue cheese olives to top them off. I can get 3 handles of Stoli for what some of these. Our one go for.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

While the food and service were excellent, everything was very pricey. I would be embarrassed to tell you what the four of us paid for dinner, drinks and tip. Let's just it's a once every 5 or10 year event.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While the food and service were excellent, everything was very pricey. I would be embarrassed to tell you what the four of us paid for dinner, drinks and tip. Let's just it's a once every 5 or10 year event.
There's been an increase for some places we go to that are above and beyond what others in the area have done, and they're pricing the locals out of their establishment, or like yourself, at least stopping in a lot less. One of the places that's always been run horribly, I had the opportunity to see why last year. Was watching a band, headed in to buy a Busch Latte, and I about shat myself when they told me $6. Any day where there's NOT a band, it's $3. So their theory is to increase the cost when the music comes in, and not to bring the music in to increase traffic. All it told me was, head 100 yards in ANY direction to buy that same beer for a reasonable price, then come back and watch the band - that was outside.

Some terrible business owners think it's as simple as raising prices, instead of increasing traffic. At some point, traffic is going to say it's cheaper to stay home if you're not bringing me value.

I'm with @BigN8 , it's starting to become a status symbol. On the plus side, there's more options, the downside is you can spend a lot of money hunting out the quality.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Picked up a new scotch I haven't tried before. I normally lean towards the Highland region but for a Speyside, this Glenrothes is pretty tasty. You can definitely taste the hints of vanilla and coconut, and it had a nice smooth finish. If you're a scotch drinker, you should give it a try.

20230317_105829.jpg

rockinthesuburbs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Picked up a new scotch I haven't tried before. I normally lean towards the Highland region but for a Speyside, this Glenrothes is pretty tasty. You can definitely taste the hints of vanilla and coconut, and it had a nice smooth finish. If you're a scotch drinker, you should give it a try.

View attachment 195956
ooh that bowmore 18 is delicious as well!

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Get ready…
Whiskey Lovers—Unite!
Whether you enjoy it in a cocktail or neat in a glass, we say cheers to International Whiskey Day on March 27. Celebrate this spirited holiday by visiting your favorite cocktail bar, lounge, or distillery for a glass of the good stuff.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Do you have a favorite Bourbon Cream? this is our favorite but unfortunately they don't ship to GA.
TASTING NOTES
  • AppearanceAntique White
  • AromaCaramel and vanilla with hints of spice
  • TasteSweet cream with subtle roasted marshmallows and holiday spices that pair perfectly with the bourbon
  • FinishCreamy butterscotch with a bite of rye spice

Attachments

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I didn't even know that Bourbon cream was a thing. Guess I need to do some more drinki--I mean, research.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I didn't even know that Bourbon cream was a thing. Guess I need to do some more drinki--I mean, research.
Let us know the results of your research.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When you're done with that, start looking into bourbon slushes. Do NOT waste good stuff on them. Kinda surprising how you can make bottom shelf into something others are willing to try

yall_mahaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Popped into the local store, just to browse, and came across this behind the counter. Don’t see this often on the shelf, so I picked it up.

Attachments