• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

When did I lose control

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So.....
I was informed last night that that i should inflate the tubes before we leave, by the kids, because otherwise it cuts into their tubing time to do it on the water.

Also....

I should bring some extra gas , because the lake we are going to today doesnt have a place to fuel on the water. Apparantly they feel that a full tank is not enough for a lake that is just over 1 mile across and round.

Hmmmm....
20210731_081734.jpg
20210731_081724.jpg

How long do these tubes take to inflate?

I wondered this as well. My basic tube is like 5 minutes in the Ryobi. No chance I’d travel with an already inflated tube. At 50 gallons of gas, that is a ton of tubing. Maybe I don’t want kids lol

I used to go the whole season without deflating. Only in the last few seasons have I started deflating. In our last boat that trailered uncovered, I had an elaborate tie down system I used. This one with the cover we just threw it in there, put the cover on and took off.

Only once in 12 seasons have I gone through a full tank of fuel in a day, and it was a trip to Nashville by water! Can't imagine that much tubing!

Two things:

1-I would have those kids on the tube asap at the lake.
2-I would make sure that I burned through most if not all the fuel with said kids on the tube.

Should be a quiet ride home! ?

(I have the Big Mable HD and with my air head inflator it takes maybe 10 mins to fill? Have only used it once so far and part of that 10 mins was figuring it out. Just need to get a good duffle bag to stow it in.)

Last edited:
Diplomacy=Letting other people have your way.

So.....
I was informed last night that that i should inflate the tubes before we leave, by the kids, because otherwise it cuts into their tubing time to do it on the water.

Also....

I should bring some extra gas , because the lake we are going to today doesnt have a place to fuel on the water. Apparantly they feel that a full tank is not enough for a lake that is just over 1 mile across and round.

Hmmmm....
View attachment 158698
View attachment 158699
Judging from the picture, you're probably filling up the gas cans now.

I started having my boys fill, deflate and carry the tube. That being said,Today my youngest (14) said "lets just find a cove ,eat, swim and than go for a cruise". Then my oldest (16) said "Yeah its a Saturday it will be to crazy out there for water sports". There balls are dropping, there start to make good decisions.?

I wondered this as well. My basic tube is like 5 minutes in the Ryobi. No chance I’d travel with an already inflated tube. At 50 gallons of gas, that is a ton of tubing. Maybe I don’t want kids lol

Come tubing with me. I can burn 10 gallons or more an hour easily. The girls go non stop for 2-3 hours then eat, swim then get back on for a couple hours and then i am down to 5%. Lake is about a mile or so across so launch is just a few minutes away.
16277477468425031047902477666995.jpg

20210731_115943.jpg

I have seen the 4 person. It is wider than your boat almost. Three is manageable, just a pita sometimes, since i am tube and boat driver boy.

Last edited:
You just need the Cordless kobalt or Ryobi inflator. Take care of that in less than 2 mins

I have the cordless dewalt. Its not about the pumping time, it is just cunmbersome

I have the Kobalt and it's shaped like a small Cordless drill. Super easy to use and fits just about anywhere

I would have to say, our $12 pump inflates these big suckers fast. And we have learned, if the kids are not happy, nobody is happy. So being prepared for anything is key. Being able to pump and deflate, or teaching the kids to pump and deflate is priority. And an empty ski locker to stow, when we decide to just float.

Last edited:
Nobody wants to float ever :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back