• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why Yamaha Boats have warning stickers!

motomandan

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Why our boat has a warning sticker
From working in a trauma unit in a coastal area, I can attest this is not a common occurrence. I have seen one patient in twenty years with this exact injury. With the increased interest in watercraft ownership, I hope injuries and death don’t rise. Already, there have been 3 boat explosions this year at my local lake. I know of a fourth one in a neighboring lake.

I don't get the kinematics of this. If she was thrown of by the guy rapidly accelerating, wouldn't the jet be far away enough by the time she hits the water? I feel like there's a missing piece to this story.

If her feet were wedge inside the gunwhale of jet ski for a bit, she would have fell backwards essentially supine spread eagle and flushed off jet ski with tremendous force by the jet. Only speculation.

If her feet were wedge inside the gunwhale of jet ski for a bit, she would have fell backwards essentially supine spread eagle and flushed off jet ski with tremendous force by the jet. Only speculation.
oh my. that would suck... or blow?

Why our boat has a warning sticker

A young woman died falling off of a jetski last year at a local lake. Originally, they suspected the driver had raped her because of all the organ damage. Those jets are no joke and will kill you if not respected.

Wonder when that happened? It certainly didn’t happen July 7 2021 and the article doesn’t say when it happened.

Wonder when that happened? It certainly didn’t happen July 7 2021 and the article doesn’t say when it happened.

All in all, that's some awful journalism-ing from Buzzfeed, to the point that it almost comes across as clickbait. You'd think they'd have wanted to do a better job telling her story instead of starting off with a stupid punch line, and heading downhill from there. SMH.

Sounds like what happened was similar to what happened to this woman last year - she's local, and some of the neighbors have been following along: Family who lost daughter to accident almost loses a second daughter

None of it was related to the jet nozzles or the warning stickers though. With the way the Buzzfeed story was written/reported, they make it difficult, at best, to figure out what happened. Regardless, I find it a good idea to steer clear of ANY method used to propel a boat through the water.

For those coming to the Barge Party this weekend, this happened last year when they were leaving the party. Take care and take notice, anytime you get a large group together, mixing experienced folks with the inexperienced, and adding a lot of traffic can result in some serious injuries/death. They seem so innocuous, and for the ski's that were in my area last weekend, I'm VERY glad I never made it out on the water on the 4th.

All in all, that's some awful journalism-ing from Buzzfeed, to the point that it almost comes across as clickbait. You'd think they'd have wanted to do a better job telling her story instead of starting off with a stupid punch line, and heading downhill from there. SMH.

Sounds like what happened was similar to what happened to this woman last year - she's local, and some of the neighbors have been following along: Family who lost daughter to accident almost loses a second daughter

None of it was related to the jet nozzles or the warning stickers though. With the way the Buzzfeed story was written/reported, they make it difficult, at best, to figure out what happened. Regardless, I find it a good idea to steer clear of ANY method used to propel a boat through the water.

For those coming to the Barge Party this weekend, this happened last year when they were leaving the party. Take care and take notice, anytime you get a large group together, mixing experienced folks with the inexperienced, and adding a lot of traffic can result in some serious injuries/death. They seem so innocuous, and for the ski's that were in my area last weekend, I'm VERY glad I never made it out on the water on the 4th.

I'm telling you, I let my daughter be a passenger on a jet ski, but ONLY in front of the driver!

Back