• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Would you all recommend..

Hawksdad45

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
New Scarab owner and must say steering takes some getting used to,especially around the docks. My question does any one feel like steering is very unresponsive at speed feel like I have to correct to left all the time

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
165 owner, definitely no steering issues, including at speed. Make sure to have a look at your nozzle, bucket, etc. Make sure it all works properly. Could it just be a stiff cable? Just grasping here.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
New Scarab owner and must say steering takes some getting used to,especially around the docks. My question does any one feel like steering is very unresponsive at speed feel like I have to correct to left all the time
Hi! :Welcome: to the forum. How many our hours do you have on her? If it's always pulling to the left, regardless of wind and current (if applicable) it may need to be adjusted. But this is not common.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm not surprised about the 1-2 Scarabs, I legitimately have had the worst time trying to find a dealer that has any either a) in stock or b) even sells them around us (I'm from Cincinnati as well.) I believe Sea Ray of Cincinnati is the only one to carry their line and they've only got 3 in stock, and only one I'd be remotely interested in which is the 195 G.

I pretty much have accepted that if you're going to buy a Jet boat, you're going to be in the water twice or so a year trying to dislodge wood chips, etc.
Also, great share about the barge, I had NO idea, nor have I ever seen it, and I've been a Cumberland frequenter for years. Makes me wonder where they've been a couple times I was down there, haha.
So did you ever buy one?

GV195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hi! :Welcome: to the forum. How many our hours do you have on her? If it's always pulling to the left, regardless of wind and current (if applicable) it may need to be adjusted. But this is not common.
I’ve had my Scarab 195 for 5 years now. No problems at all. Jet boats steer a little differently but I back mine into my slip everyday. I don’t need or use the speed buttons. Beauty of the jet boat is I’ve never had rope or seaweed in my props and I can boat in shallow water.