• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Center Console with Yamaha Outboard

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Am I the only one who dreams of Yamaha slapping an outboard on their 255 FSH...or better yet twin OB's on a newly developed 275 FSH?

Yes you lose much of the amazing swim platform and rear facing seats that we have all come to love, but for me I think the sacrifice would be worth it.

I'm confident Yamaha could crush the price point of similar Sea Hunts, Cobia's, etc...I can't help but think it would be wildly successful!!!

What am I overlooking?

it would cut into their Jet boat FSH sales for sure. Most serious anglers and others would probably opt for the OB's. Would be cool though. AND very quiet :)

Where does your desired offering fall in the pricing/features? Triangle between Boston Whaler, Carolina Skiff and Robalo? Someone here can probably point you to the boat you are looking for if you give them enough detail.

Where does your desired offering fall in the pricing/features? Triangle between Boston Whaler, Carolina Skiff and Robalo? Someone here can probably point you to the boat you are looking for if you give them enough detail.

I plan to keep what I have for awhile, at least until the supply issues settle down and/or I move further south. That said I always keep one eye open for a deal, a recent model 26-28 ft CC with twin OB’s for under $100K would be nice. I like the value you get from Sea Hunt and Cobia, but even those seem pricey, I just couldn’t help but think a NEW Yamaha CC hull with Yamaha OB’s would less expensive than a gently USED similarly sized and powered Sea Hunt or Cobia.

@Five Faces

I appreciate your zeal about Yamaha making a CC boat.

Have you priced out how much a pair of outboard engines are? The Yamaha 250 hp offshore engine pricing for 2021 was $30,000 each, so $60,000 so round up to $70,000 with inflation for a pair, $20,000 more than a 210 FSH Sport. Toss in a helm master system and you‘re up to $90,000, thats $3000 more than a 255 FSH Sport E. Now try to build a good hull for less than $40,000. Granted those retail prices I used, but you get the picture.

I’m not trying to burst your bubble I just think that if Yamaha could do that they may have already done so. I think it would be great if Yamaha could do it for less than $100,000 I just don’t think they can.

I look at all kinds of boats all the time and I always come back to the loss of the swim deck, not something I’d be happy to part with, I do most of my fish landing on the swim deck.

Nah...there is no bubble to burst, I'm not serious, just brainstorming, maybe more like wishful thinking. I still think Yamaha can compete on price when used recent model CC's with twins are in the mid-$100K's. I've owned everything from 18ft runabouts to 40ft motor yachts, navigated waters throughout the coast of Florida, Bahamas, and my personal favorite the BVI's, for my use I keep coming back to that towable 28 ft CC with twins as my next boat. I guess I better stay away from the boat shows!

Nah...there is no bubble to burst, I'm not serious, just brainstorming, maybe more like wishful thinking. I still think Yamaha can compete on price when used recent model CC's with twins are in the mid-$100K's. I've owned everything from 18ft runabouts to 40ft motor yachts, navigated waters throughout the coast of Florida, Bahamas, and my personal favorite the BVI's, for my use I keep coming back to that towable 28 ft CC with twins as my next boat. I guess I better stay away from the boat shows!

Right on! I like brainstorming!

Perhaps with Yamaha’s economy of scale they could do it for under a $100K, I do think if they did, and built it with comparable features they would not be able to keep them in stock. I do think that would impact their sales of the larger FSH models though.

I really like my little 210 FSH (Family Sport Hybrid in case anyone didn’t know) it does everything good, was an affordable price, and is generally a hoot to be on.

I think an interesting option that must have it's own drawbacks, is a direct drive tunnel prop connected to a conventional "car-based" 4 cycle engine. With all the advances of electric motors you could have AWESOME low speed steering with a beefed up trolling motor + full power by a direct drive gas engine that you run only when advancing with power. great simplicity and get rid of that complex pesky hated out-drive.

Very Nice Boat

Yamaha owns Skeeter and Cobia. They use to own Century as well, but sold them off in 2012.

Didn't see any Yamaha center consoles with outboards, so we went with this. The motors are still Yamaha though.View attachment 169630

Beautiful!!!

Yamaha owns Skeeter and Cobia. They use to own Century as well, but sold them off in 2012.

Maverick Boat Group (MBG) bought the Cobia brand from Yamaha back in 2005. I believe they are built in Fort Pierce, FL.

Last edited:
That far back? Huh.
There was another brand that Yamaha owned, but I can’t remember it for the life of me right now. Probably sold them off as well.

I’ve been quietly looking at the nautic Star Hybrids for similar reasons. Retains some of the Yamaha cockpit design, including a bit of a swim platform.

although, if I could swap for a 210 fsh, I would probably prefer that. My son and I have been using the boat more for fishing than anything so this just makes sense. Need to retain the family fun capabilities though.

Didn't see any Yamaha center consoles with outboards, so we went with this. The motors are still Yamaha though.View attachment 169630

Man! That’s a sweet ride! Sea Hunts are great looking boats! Loyd Bridges would be proud !

Interesting boats.

Here is a question..... Why are Yamaha Jet boats significantly heavier than other boats such as these in a similar length?

I’ve been quietly looking at the nautic Star Hybrids for similar reasons. Retains some of the Yamaha cockpit design, including a bit of a swim platform.

although, if I could swap for a 210 fsh, I would probably prefer that. My son and I have been using the boat more for fishing than anything so this just makes sense. Need to retain the family fun capabilities though.

You know.. there is a member in your area that is selling his 2020 210 FSH.. https://jetboaters.net/threads/2020-210-fsh-sport-for-sale.36342/#post-585457

Interesting boats.

Here is a question..... Why are Yamaha Jet boats significantly heavier than other boats such as these in a similar length?

Guessing that the dry weight of the Sea Hunt does not include engines.. toss in two outboards and it’s probably around 4000# at least.

Back