• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Brand new 255 FSH Sport E - Manufacturing Defects?

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Update, they agreed to "fix" things that were different than what the website shows via warranty support via my dealership. So we will see.
how they doing the bars up front? or is that excluded? Since they are drilled in and bolted id think id pass on that even though the website version is def nicer.

ril3y

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not sure but they said they would. :/

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Not sure but they said they would. :/
interesting. Keep us posted how it goes, would love to see how they make right. Whos your conta at Yammy, cause i could use some help in my dept with the issues with my boat. They havent really followed up and its starting to piss me off.

ril3y

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Guys name is Andrew. I had to kind of hold them to it to really agree to this. Don’t let them guilt you into being happy you got a boat even if it’s not the same as you ordered.

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My wife named the boat knot a cop because my daughter said it looks like a police boat. It kind of does.
Love the clever name your wife came up with ! Our water patrol are in white center consoles. You are right when it see the top of any center console from a distance I am on high alert to behave !

ril3y

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hahah my wife came up with the pun daughter the phrase. Funny story, I was on the highway pulling it back home when a lady cop pulls up next to me and gives me a big smile. I just smiled back and waved then I realized she read the boat name and “got it”. So at least one police officer did not take any offense !

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Look this is how my dealer described it and I agree with him 100%:

Covid.
It's a first year model boat, that was designed and manufactured during one of the most catastrophic times in history.
There are lots of small things that are missing from that first look we saw, and it's a little disappointing.
But I am thrilled just to have the boat and maybe next year they can correct all those issues.

I may go ahead and put down a pre-order for a 2023 model 255 FSH, and hopefully it will be perfect but if not I'm having a blast on this boat and it's a head turner.

And if you're unsatisfied with the boat I'm sure you could put it on the market and make about $25,000+ profit. 😎

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
3. Also a head scratcher. The boat + trailer height is listed at 117" which would have BARELY fit into my workshop. However after I got it home. It's nowhere close to that number. At least 1 foot (almost 2 feet counting the non flip down nav light) above 117". This really screws me as now I have to budget a 1.5k cover and possibly off site storage as it snows here in MD.
Doing calculations on the 252sd the total height on trailer is 132. The total height of the boat is 115. The center console seems to be 132 due to the height in water and the draft added. Total height and on the trailer it would be a total height of 149.

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
just looked on yamaha site. They def show those gunnel rails and the stereo controls. ID BE PISSED. Kinda false advertising if you ask me.

Run this up to corporate for sure!
Can as soon as possible. Let them know.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Its also interesting that the handles on the back are different. No the meaty aluminum that is on the website.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Hello All,

I am super new to jet boats. I researched what I wanted and it was the 255 FSH Sport E. I quickly put my name on waiting lists all over the country and got lucky last weekend. I had to drive to Kentucky to get the boat but it was worth it! I do not want to come across as petty or nit-picky on this posting so I am asking for advice.

I have noticed there are things that are just not "right" and some are straight up lower quality then I personally would expect out of a $85k boat. I will list a few things I have found and kind of am asking... Is this to be expected? I have never bought a new jet boat before.

I have created a google photos album that you can look at here for all of the images and examples. You can also comment on the photos if you have an opinion.

There are changes to the boat that were not in the advertisements and Yamaha's official website.
1. The stereo controls are missing, they were on the dash next to the throttle but now are completely gone. You have to mess with a touch screen to try to lower the volume. The unit on the aft swim deck is still there.

2. This is the big one. The handles for the stern seating were these nice aluminum squarish integrated directly into the gunnels. My wife loved these. However now that we have the boat they changed it to a chrome rod that just screws in.

3. Also a head scratcher. The boat + trailer height is listed at 117" which would have BARELY fit into my workshop. However after I got it home. It's nowhere close to that number. At least 1 foot (almost 2 feet counting the non flip down nav light) above 117". This really screws me as now I have to budget a 1.5k cover and possibly off site storage as it snows here in MD.

Low Quality Control / Defects:
1. The engine cover has these little snaps that you push to to allow it to lift up. These look to be cut out with a skill saw, and a poorly skilled worker at that. Over saw marks etc. I would expect this to be something that was baked into the design like the rest of the boat?

2. I took off the plexiglass over the console (top area) where you would place a VHF radio. Its rough cut fiberglass as well. Not a huge deal but the weird thing is there were 2 nuts just free floating sitting in there. I have not got this on the water yet but I suspect this would be super annoying if they started rocking around in there. (no picture of this)

3. The T top that sits on the aluminum tower is slightly off to one side (say 1/2"). No picture of this.

4. Inside compartments there are pretty rough fiberglass protrusions. Not sure if this is normal either.

Now that that is out of the way. I really still love this boat. I think its pretty amazing! What I am trying to understand in this post is am I being too critical? I can't help feel like a little bit of bait and switch going on. I get if I saw a prototype boat and they changed things. But the majority of the "missing" features are still shown right on Yamaha's website.

Can anyone with more experience with Yamaha and buying a new boats in general chime in?

View attachment 153056
My 2021 212SE was also different than was advertised. No USB input on the dash, no 12v power point on the stern, and no dual usb charging adaptor at the port seat. No audio equalizer function in the 12” connext screen either. I also took offense at the “integrated ice cooler” . A $15 igloo cooler on wheels is not “integrated” The dealer did not rectify any of my issues. I added the missing power point and usb ports myself.

garyshalfacre

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
My 2021 212SE was also different than was advertised. No USB input on the dash, no 12v power point on the stern, and no dual usb charging adaptor at the port seat. No audio equalizer function in the 12” connext screen either. I also took offense at the “integrated ice cooler” . A $15 igloo cooler on wheels is not “integrated” The dealer did not rectify any of my issues. I added the missing power point and usb ports myself.
Yeah, I laughed when I saw the cooler. Why the wheels? It's barely big enough for my lunch.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Look this is how my dealer described it and I agree with him 100%:

Covid.
It's a first year model boat, that was designed and manufactured during one of the most catastrophic times in history.
There are lots of small things that are missing from that first look we saw, and it's a little disappointing.
But I am thrilled just to have the boat and maybe next year they can correct all those issues.

I may go ahead and put down a pre-order for a 2023 model 255 FSH, and hopefully it will be perfect but if not I'm having a blast on this boat and it's a head turner.

And if you're unsatisfied with the boat I'm sure you could put it on the market and make about $25,000+ profit. 😎
Spot on….