• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha cutting 2022 PWC production by 30%

toddaltpeter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I guess our boats are going to hold value or go up again........ When my AR210 gets to 80k i am selling it :)

Those looking for a 2023 should probably get in line as soon they are able. Remember that there are dealers who still have some stock and possibly boats coming in for this spring still.

Last edited:
My local seahunt dealer has a lot full of new inventory, dont know why yamaha is having issues

The title of this post should read as the article states:

Yamaha to cut “remaining 2022 production by 30%”. I have no idea how much production that Yamaha has produced already, but the total production run is not going to be cut by 30%.

It is also plausible that these production cuts to the PWC line have been done to provide parts to bolster boat production of the 22 model year.

Until the California leadership pulls their head out of their ass and clears the way for increased truck traffic into and out of the ports of Los angeles and Long Beach there are going to issues with imported products. And, if Los Angeles doesn’t get rid of that DA they hired and start prosecuting theft of the containers that are on rail cars, Union Pacific will pull out thereby reducing rail capacity by roughly 70% From the ports of LA and LB.

Companies that rely on Pacific Rim produced products for their production should already be looking at using panamax container ships to avoid the choke points of Los Angeles, Long Beach, San Francisco and Seattle.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the idea of the NAU super trade highway get resurrected soon if that is not already happening behind closed doors. Things that make you go hmmm ?.

Last edited:
My local seahunt dealer has a lot full of new inventory, dont know why yamaha is having issues

Are these Sea Hunts model year 22 units? A few boat companies that I know of were saying Lead times on outboard engines was 12 months.

Are these Sea Hunts model year 22 units? A few boat companies that I know of were saying Lead times on outboard engines was 12 months.
YUP all 2022 unless presold but its a lot. they have been getting 2 to 3 boats a day delivered

Hope my ‘22 SX195 order doesn’t get axed

Back