• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Yamaha Software

fairpilot

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Who was it that was making the parts and selling them to allow us to connect to our boat and laptop throught the yamaha software. Ibought the part and then had my engine issues, I need information on how this gets hooked up diagram maybe. Thanks

I believe he's talking about the monkey leash. I forgot who was making them but the software is still necessary to make it work.

Gym

Sorry guys, I am not familiar with the monkey leash. I would like to hear more about it.

Yes. @ monkey leash

I can't remember who it was either. I'm sure somebody does.

how do you hook up his to our boats plug

Sorry guys, I am not familiar with the monkey leash. I would like to hear more about it.
Bruce, The monkey leash was the name k9medic gave to the harness he made up and gave to members, basically for cost, to interface their laptops with the engines computer. The YDS software is still required. Now you can buy the cable and software on Ebay for about $80 or less including shipping. This software allows you to get the hours and any codes from each engine.

yds cable.jpg The end of the plug I bought fro K9medic does not have the end to plug into to boat. last time i saw you had to hool the 3 wires onto pins in the plug on boat

Saw one on ebay and was wondering if it would work on a 2005 AR230HO motor...... Just making sure here....anyone know for sure?

Does anyone in the central Ohio area have the Diagnostic Software on their laptop? I would just like to know how many hours are on my motors without having to take it to Sizzle Marine for a screw job. The boat is still in storage, so it wouldn't be for another month before I take it out. I would gladly pay a member for their troubles to help me out.
Thanks!
Josh

I beleive he got tired of going to junkyards to get the final piece, your just missing the three prong adapter to make an easy connection to the engine side. If those are terminals at the end of the wires he probably made it so you can just slide the terminal onto the post of the engine plug, it's just a matter of which wire goes there and maybe somebody who got one of his sets can tell you which wire feeds to what part of the plug, maybe @Suchawittygal or @txav8r can help until K9 jumps in,

yds package.jpg

or maybe you can tell from this picture,

Very cool to see the diagnostic code page, the engine hours with time spent in each "zone" and to be able to operate the injectors and fuel pumps from the computer to test them.... Also cool to see the numbers go by when the engines are running!

I no longer have the cable and software, as I sent it with the nauti dawg when I sold it. I don't think suchawittygal or dawgdaze have run it yet. Mine had the three connections like above without the three prong plug connector. But I took a spare connector out from behind the round inspection port in the starboard engine bay (same place you find the hookup for the YDS) and was going to solder it on to the wire leads that k9medic provided after cutting off the spade connectors he put on...but I sold the boat before doing so.

anyone have a YDS cable I could borrow. I will gladly pay the postage plus a bit for time and rental it costs to send to me when I return it. I would think it will go in a USPS 4.95 flat rate box. I have always had a starboard engine which seens to run really rich, not sure it that is even fixable. Thought when i put new engine in it would fix but no luck, dont even know if software will tell me whats up, all i know is I have always had the light smell of gas from back of boat when running and there is always black soot on the starbord side rear around jet after every trip. None on the port side. Any ideas on what to look for.

maybe it is an ecu or injector issue, did you replace those along with the engine? I will email you about the yds cable

Back