• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat buckles Not for sale!!!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I have a set of NEW G2 Boat Buckles still in the plastic, I bought them from a member on here. They will not work on my LS2000 trailer so I'm looking to recoup some of my money. I will ship them inside the U.S FREE!! $65.00 thanks

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I installed a set on my LX210 so I bet you can make them fit.

Are they stainless? If so, I would be happy to buy them.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Joe, I think they will work on your trailer. They may not have a ready made mount hole that works well, but should work on any trailer. My shorelandr had a flange with a mount hole drilled at an angle for the stock transom straps. But they install the boat buckles on the 240's, so they drilled the trailer rail on the side and install them there, because that flange would cause the strap to rub the reel back too much and twist the strap as well. I never thought you would have an issue when you got these from me. If you can't make them work, and someone else doesn't step up and take them off your hands, feel free to send them back to me and I will paypal your $65 back to you. I can promise you this...if you adapt them and use them once...your going to be smiling!

Bruce, the SS version of the boat buckles is very reduced capacity. I can't remember off the top of my head, but the regular version, which these are, is 2500 pounds each for a total of 5000 pounds. The SS are only 1500 pounds each. And I had no rust issues at all with the set I had on my 230. Now if you intend to dunk your trailer in salt on the bimini trip, I get where your going...but I think for that one trip, I would leave them off anyway. Because your going to tow the boat 4000 miles and want all the security on the road you can get. Just my thoughts...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bruce, the SS version of the boat buckles is very reduced capacity. I can't remember off the top of my head, but the regular version, which these are, is 2500 pounds each for a total of 5000 pounds. The SS are only 1500 pounds each. And I had no rust issues at all with the set I had on my 230. Now if you intend to dunk your trailer in salt on the bimini trip, I get where your going...but I think for that one trip, I would leave them off anyway. Because your going to tow the boat 4000 miles and want all the security on the road you can get. Just my thoughts...
Mel, my trailer was in salt water four times last year. I expect it to continue to see salt water usage.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
The problem I found is since the LS swim deck is flush with the rear of the boat. the strap eyes point towards the rear instead of down, the end of the trailer frame rails is 18" to 20" under the rear of the boat ,so I could weld a tab on the inside of the rails to mount them so the strap would would not be twisted. Even doing that the bracket and buckle would be at least 18" under the rear of the boat and pretty hard to get to.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I wasn't concerned about that as much as the reduced load capability Bruce. I had forgotten you went to Florida last year and didn't know if you dunked it or not, and also don't remember if you have a galvanized trailer or not. But the SS weight rating is rated 40% less, and that was what I was sharing.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I'm not home rite now, but looking at a couple of pics, the rails stop probably more like 14" to 16" not 18-20"

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Joe, my trailer is well under and forward of the boat transom eye bolts as well. You want the buckles forward of the back of the boat, not behind. The straps will hold the boat secure against the bow stop and the winch holds it there. I don't know if this pic shows much, but I am guessing that the boat buckle is mounted to my frame 15-18 inches forward of the stern transom eyes. I will load a pic in a minute...
image.jpg

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I do see that Joe. Hmm, it would seem you have the same issue no matter what strap setup you use. How about doing what many do to prevent the mooring and trailering cover from chaffing the gelcoat under the ratchets or tower connectors...just add a couple of sheepskin seatbelt shoulder protectors over the straps! There is always more than one way to skin a cat...or sheep! I would look for a way to mount the buckle in the easiest location, such as the vertical face of the trailer rail on the outside. And reaching under to use these is 100 times easier than a tough reach with conventional straps! But I don't know your boat and what your dealing with. But @Bruce says he had them on his LS, so I am guessing it can be done.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I never thought about putting those covers over the straps..... GOOD IDEA!! I can see how these will be a lot better than conventional ratchet straps. I'm off tomorrow so I will see if I can figure a practical way to mount them..is there a way any of you ADMIN. Can delete yhis thread?? If I can't make them work I will just repost them...

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It sure isn't necessary that you delete the thread Joe. It would serve to help anyone else in your situation that does a search for such things. The issue with deleting a thread, is that others content is in it besides your own. I am bringing this to @Julian @Bruce attention so that they have a heads up on it. If that is what you want done, we will address it as best we can. I am hoping you can use them...they are light years ahead of traditional straps!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
No problem, I just didn't know if it was taking up unneeded space...

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
According to @Bruce , we gotcha covered on the space constraint issues! But it is your forum too, so just let us know if we can do anything to make it better. If you don't want the boat buckles for any reason, just post it up here and someone will want them. That was a smokin' hot deal on them. At $65 including shipping, no one is going to get a better deal than that I don't think. That is what I paid and I watched the prices on them for 2 weeks. We might need to sign them, like those travel bears that get carried around the world showing where all they have been! lol Anyway, I hope you decide to make them work, they will make your trailering MUCH easier.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
LOL, Mel we have the "flat buckles" going on here... I never would have thought of the strap covers, thanks for mentioning them, I was really worried about the hook and strap pulled down tight against the gel coat. I think the covers will help a lot, and I should be able to make them work..

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
image.jpg I figured out a way to mount these, best place I could come up with and not have them twisted, it is a little tight but I can tighten them down pretty easy. The good thing is the hooks do not touch the gel coat. I think I will like the ease of use and not forget to use them like I do with regular straps... Thanks again Mel. image.jpg image.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That is excellent Joe! Your gonna love the ease and having them attached. I used my boat buckles just 2 hours ago...when I released them, and dropped into the lake! Still sitting here, a nice can in my glass, Jackson Browne on the tunes, and enjoying a great a great sunset with my wife and Chester.
image.jpg
image.jpg

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Fantastic!!! Wish I could have went out today. But I had a lot to do, mowed 2 acres of grass, put up a new trampoline, put the buckles on, installed EZ locks, washed my 2 trucks and the wife's car. Grilled steaks and chicken. I think that's about it..LOL