• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine bay platform

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have monkey arms but they’re not long enough to reach all the way to the back of the engine bay! There’s no where to support yourself when you boom out to get to the oil filters or intermediate bearings.

I bought a 2X8 and some 3&1/2” deck screws and threw this together today. This gives you some place to put your hands and a place to lay your body when you’re reaching into the engine bay, and your not putting weight onto the coil packs and injectors…. @drewkaree @WiskyDan @Ericd @Can0n11 @Dixemon

Dimensions;
32&1/2” cross board
7&1/2” drops
2&1/2” top tabs

IMG_5701.jpeg

IMG_5702.jpeg

Last edited:

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Another great idea!! Thanks for sharing

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great idea. On my boat, its the latch piece that digs into me when I try to lay across to do any work.

1715606994929.png

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Frickin' Genius! You literally solved one of my biggest gripes.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Frickin' Genius! You literally solved one of my biggest gripes.
I had been thinking about this wayyyy too long and should have acted on it sooner.. but better late than never. I may put some moving blanket material or dense foam on the top and sides just to take the sting out of whacking an elbow on the edges.. I suppose one could get creative and put some tool holder holes in the board to make doing those chores in the back of engines easier still. The main thing I needed this for was to get to the intermediate shaft bearings to grease them.

At first I drilled a hole big enough for the deck screws to just pass right through the first piece of wood to keep the wood from splitting, and I drilled a smaller pilot hole into the second piece of wood, again to keep it from splitting. But! I used the self drilling type of deck screws and found that I didn’t need to drill those holes at all… when I got the two drops attached they were off so it rocked a bit, and I knew that if I put the tabs or hangers on they would not sit flat, when I went to re position the outside screws is when I noticed that the deck screws were self drilling so I just lined things up and screwed them in with my drill and no issues.

Sherwood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I used just a 2x8 and towels to keep from scratching the top. I will definitely have to give this a go because a 2x8 wanted to slide around.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I used just a 2x8 and towels to keep from scratching the top. I will definitely have to give this a go because a 2x8 wanted to slide around.
I was using a sheet of plywood before but it held me up too far from what I wanted to get to….

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like it..............hate using 5 or 6 folded towels on engine tops after removing Yamaha coil cover .............and always making sure not to put hands or weight on the plastic fuel injector rails!!!!!!!!

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Where did you get those red hose clamp ends on your deck drain hose? I have many war wounds from those stupid things. I finally just wrapped with electrical tape which looks like shit.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

I responded yesterday to this thread using my phone..didn’t notice there was just the tiny amazon link so here’s a couple screen shots. Like you, I had left many blood stains in the engine bay from working around the hose clamps, I saw these protectors in some boat tests on the high end CC boats.

0B5F68BD-6C83-4B0B-82C3-EED46F4E2F16.png

AD3D796F-88AE-445A-8603-7FEE1CCA7A71.png

This actually looks like the best bargain.
414A5580-D37F-488E-A445-9BE3B0243D51.png

I also found these to go over the exposed end of all the wood screws. These are available from 2-14mm.

B8B6DCD2-6A80-4EF5-BC8B-28027B359DB1.png

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where did you get those red hose clamp ends on your deck drain hose? I have many war wounds from those stupid things. I finally just wrapped with electrical tape which looks like shit.
Swap over to T-style hose clamps

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I built mine a few years ago then didn't know where to store it...it ended up under the boat/trailer which was just the ticket.