• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deflate Gate, should it be in our court system??

Does Deflate-Gate really belong in our court system??

• Yes

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • Don't care one way or the other!!

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Of all things that this country is dealing with do we really need this kind of BS in our already over-booked court system??

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Noooooo! Take your punishment and shut up. Did you see James Harrison take the NFL to court over all of his bs fines? Nope. Sit down Brady, your 15 minutes ended a while ago.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
With good 'ole Roger G trying to mandate HIS wishes, and only his wishes, my answer on this is a resounding "YES !"

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you don't want the time, don't do the crime!! :cool:

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yeah, the guy that destroyed his phone is trying to say he isn't guilty...LOL

Take it like a man brady. No way this should be in court.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Brady is a cheater and needs to be put in his place. ;)

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LMAO we all know there were probably "other" type texts on that phone that Tommy didn't want Gisele to see or read about! No wonder he destroyed it! It was his balls he didn't want deflated!

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Like the majority of celebrities, he probably behaves like an arrogant "entitled" jerk in real life to the common man - living outside of DC and having been a cop 30 years, I see it in the entitled neighborhoods where these type "stars" live (hockey/BB/football players and congressman/senators/political types/TV wonks). You know the type "Do you know who I am? or I will have you fired" I used to love acting completely ignorant saying "No. Should I know who you are? I have no idea" this really sets a celebrity off! Loved doing it! But on the field? He is a class act. Here's a story. We were working a pre-season game when you have 90 maniacs about to take the field - and I mean real nut jobs who know half of them will be out of a job in a few weeks; they are really ramped up and psyched to go out and kill someone. Anyway, there are strict timing rules scripted during the pre-game, as well as game of course. After warm ups, no player on the field until 5 minutes before kickoff, etc etc etc. So the Pats are getting ready to come out of the tunnel, me and Kevin are getting ready to search out and grab our three pre-assigned random players as they come out the tunnel to check their shirts for illegal slippery substances (yep - random checks of three assigned numbers pre game and another three at halftime when they come out of tunnel - that's fun trying to 1) locate and 2) grab those guys and shake them down) and it is a general riot in the tunnel meant to hold a normal team/coaches of maybe 70 folks but now with 50 extra bodies of screaming animals in a cage ready to be unleashed....We are trying to hold these guys back for about 2 minutes until the appointed time. This isnt college ball where the players behave to an extent....and we are having a rough time....Brady, a very tall man sees the nonsense just steps to the front of the line, turns around and raises his arm and says "Class!" meaning, I suppose, "We are the Patriots organization and we will behave with class. We are not animals" and you should have seen those animals respond. They all stopped the nonsense, settled down for a minute, until we let them onto the field. Very powerful moment, but did show the dude's class, when he saw we were struggling with control.

Was it cheating? Or did the head linesman and side judge not do their job in testing the balls pre-game which believe it or not is a royal PITA and could be very well overlooked by someone sleeping on the job? Hmmmmmm......

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@OCMD - Excellent write-up. Done with facts not innuendos.

The interesting thing is the judge on the case says a lot of what the NFL "Proved" turned out to NOT be true whatsoever.

Changed my mind. Anyways . Nice job @OCMD !~ Thanks, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Was it cheating? Or did the head linesman and side judge not do their job in testing the balls pre-game which believe it or not is a royal PITA and could be very well overlooked by someone sleeping on the job? Hmmmmmm......
How are these 2 mutually exclusive?

Sorry, the "It's not cheating if you don't get caught" theory doesn't play with me.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If he loved the NFL and that phone had no incriminating evidence on it, he'd demand (like the entitled star that he is) that his carrier pull the records and provide the data of what was texted. Instead, he's going to drag it through the courts. I have to admit I've not read a word about what is going on....so this statement is based on what I've read on here....so I don't even know who is sueing who.....and really don't care.

On the flip side....if he really is innocent, would he not want to clear his reputation if he thinks he could....

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I definitely see your point @Julian of wanting to clear his name. But I will not believe for one minute that he, Brady, didn't know exactly what was going on. These guys have been throwing footballs for a long time and I can guarantee you that he knew exactly how he wanted those balls to feel. He got caught, doesn't like it and now his team will have to possibly go 4 games...important games...without him running the show. I can see where he would want to get the "sentence" reduced...I would too. But to use our court system on this is insane!! Use the NFL's time and money to decide this, not the taxpayers!! Frankly, I can't believe a judge would even listen to this BS. Kind of like the guy that sued McDonalds because he spilled hot coffee on himself and claimed there should have been a warning on the cup saying it's FREAKING HOT COFFEE!! The NFL is a privately run "company" that allows men to play a game they love and get paid well for it. They have rules that have to be followed just like any other sport. If you don't like the rules, change them. If you get caught doing something you shouldn't be doing then expect to be punished for it. I really don't care what the report that started all of this said or didn't say. Brady knew what he was doing and someone called him on it. End of story!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah....I'm sure his contract says he has to abide by NFL rules and rulings....so just shut up and move on...

So does that support his innocence? As if he weren't, he wouldn't go to this extent?
Or does he realize that if he doesn't fight, it might look like he's admitting guilt....

LOL

Bottom line....as always...is MONEY. He's got some lawyers who will work it on contingency because if they win, he'll make 4 more games worth of money, and they'll take a %

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
This is what...the fourth time that franchise has been caught cheating?

Real class.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I say let the little baby play the first game against the Steelers so my boys can bulldoze his butt. Then he can rest for the 4 game suspension from the comfort of his hospital bed.

Ouch! Yeah.....never liked that cat.

YamahaForMe

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is what...the fourth time that franchise has been caught cheating?

Real class.
Still waiting on evidence showing Brady's involvement.

I say let the little baby play the first game against the Steelers so my boys can bulldoze his butt. Then he can rest for the 4 game suspension from the comfort of his hospital bed.
Brady's record against the Steelers is 5-2 :confused:

The cell phone text information is a red herring. The Patriots employees he supposedly texted to turned over their phones and there was no evidence they received any texts from Brady.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Still waiting on evidence showing Brady's involvement.

Brady's record against the Steelers is 5-2 :confused:

The cell phone text information is a red herring. The Patriots employees he supposedly texted to turned over their phones and there was no evidence they received any texts from Brady.
I NEVER said anything about Brady. I was referring to the organization being classless as this is the fourth time they have been caught cheating.

Again, real classy.