• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Glastron GT207 info

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
FIrst off: GREETINGS. We own an older glastron bowrider... and have been looking into jet boats for our next machine. Im SO over the outdrive. We are sort of in save and research mode. I have trolled this site for awhile decided to join since my search has broadened.

Because, Up until last night... I (Whole family) was FULLY set Yamaha. spend most time on other site for that reason. really only coming here looking at classifieds LOL

then I saw this with blue and white, and khaki interior: HUBBA HUBBA.

SO. if anyone has any info/advice horror stories, I'm all ears. After originally contacting a dealer back when the jets first starting getting to showrooms, and getting NOTHING, i dont expect much from them. SO peer advice is the best. :) Have no dealers near me, so this is really my only option.

also, glastron's website isnt the greatest.

heres my thoughts:

-I saw a list price of 34,000 Im sure thats optionless, though..
-Iss it ONLY available single engine 250hp? (not sure I want)
-9 person capacity.

the only way thats comparable to the Yamaha 210 series, is IF(big IF) that 34k price tag were true.
thoughts on BRP drivetrain appreciated too. Not seeing tons of positives. :(

anyways. love the site, made for some great reading.

thanks.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! Glad you made it over here officially. I remember at least one member with a transom/jet pump alignment issue or something that caused the boat to pull hard to one side. But other than that I think the complaint department has been pretty quiet from the Glastron side. The Glastron 187 is the reason I started looking into jets and ultimately got on my Ar192.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Aside from the carpet (easily remedied with some Sea-Dek), that color combo is sexy. Doesn't seem to be alot of Glastron jet owners on here, unless they are all really quiet. I looked pretty hard at a GTS207 last year, but ultimately ended up with a Yamaha anyway. No reason other than the right deal in the right place at the right time. So, unless of course you're shopping for a used 2011 242 (wink, wink, nudge, nudge), I say go for it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Peelz glad you made your way over here! All the top posters from that other site are here (besides 2)....and our forum tech makes it super easy to share and communicate! And most of us here are Yamaha owners, so you'll get a big bias towards them.....I'm not fond of the BRP engine reliability. I also love having 2 engines.

Glastron either hasn't sold many jets or not many owners have found there way here....yet!

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
thanks for the welcome. I Have indeed enjoyed surfing the site, much info. And the layout is pretty intuitive. Still dig the other site too, though. Much info to be learned, but yamaha centric, and easily lost. :) So. more is better.

as far as the Glastrons go, Went to a local smaller boat show last year right after the jets were announced. dealers there were unprepared for my barrage of questions, no idea.... They had a I/O 185 there, it looked nice, but I was quite displeased with the fit and finish, and the useless dealer scared me a little. My cheap little 175 is nice inside... and sturdy.

Really the more I think about it... UNLESS the price is super tiny, there's no way this is better than a yamaha 21'. having twin engines(with cleanout) really just crushes it. For some reason I thought the 207 was twin :( also, no dealer nearby. There Is a Yamaha dealer(not boats)nearby Iv'e bought like 5 motorcycles and atv's from him, he said he could get me parts and advice. Not warranty though... that was awhile ago, could have changed, as I saw a boat sitting behind his shop.

@veedubtek subtle LOL I've seen your ad. and personally, I like having carpet, Don't care for the seadek. Feels like a welcome mat. lol :) the 242 with tower would cause me storage concerns and cost addition, as I will NEVER store my boat(any boat) outdoors. I THINK i could JUST squeeze in a towerless 24'. like JUST barely and by having to lower the tongue to the ground.

My current search parameters: 2012+, 9+people, twin 1.8's, captains seats(wife's dealbreaker), prefer blue, black is just OK, but cant be red(my dealbreaker), prefer no tower.

not ruled out 240's just not quite there yet. Id like to be low on debt for a while.... lol (wouldnt we all) Plus Kinda want to see if they stick that new 3 cylinder in the 21's. Yamaha knows how to build small engines.... that 3cyl in the fz motorcycle is epic. surely the dna is shared. We are in no hurry. Current boat works fine, just cramped. Id like to see a 10 person capacity on the 210... basically, if they make the exact changes to the 21's they made to the 24's last year, ill probably whip out the magic checkbook, as that will tick every box.

sorry thats so wordy... I Appreciate all the info Iv'e gleaned here. i'll be around, thanks again, folks..

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
so Glastron, and Scarab share identical running gear... not to say it's bad, exactly... just meh...

That's one of the yamaha positives, Hull and engine same manufacturer. negative about I/O.

Oh well.

That 207's pretty though. :) which is also important.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You have an FZ @Peelz ? That's high on my want list right now. Trying to convince myself to wait until next year though.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You have an FZ @Peelz ? That's high on my want list right now. Trying to convince myself to wait until next year though.

nope. Just a test ride. 3cyl is perfect balance of torque and topend hp. you wont be dissatisfied. DONT test ride if not ready to buy.

I DID have the GEN 1 FZ. I miss it terribly. god i loved that bike. wheelies for days. (speeding tickets too) LOL Also a couple of raptors atv's. like I said, yamaha just knows how to build small engines that pack a punch. :) and make them reliable..

drools:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/NCIg4S52aCs/maxresdefault.jpg

Ride a bmw now. Love it too, but in a whole different way.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
yeah still thinking about this...reading some stuff today...

I REALLY . i mean REALLY want to love that Glastron. just based on appearance... But its just not doing it for me. less space, less motor...no cleanouts. also, That scarab issues thread isn't helping. Most i'm reading(and not just in that thread) is engine problems (not internal thankfully) keeping boat off the water. I would never be ok with this. And feel bad for those guys who have been boatless in the good months.

I am sad really. Had big hopes. maybe theyll work it out. Both companies make nice boats.....

feel like theyd do ok if they made a big rumbly v8 version like the 80's. :) i STILL love seeing those.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
FIrst off: GREETINGS. We own an older glastron bowrider... and have been looking into jet boats for our next machine. Im SO over the outdrive. We are sort of in save and research mode. I have trolled this site for awhile decided to join since my search has broadened.

Because, Up until last night... I (Whole family) was FULLY set Yamaha. spend most time on other site for that reason. really only coming here looking at classifieds LOL

then I saw this with blue and white, and khaki interior: HUBBA HUBBA.

SO. if anyone has any info/advice horror stories, I'm all ears. After originally contacting a dealer back when the jets first starting getting to showrooms, and getting NOTHING, i dont expect much from them. SO peer advice is the best. :) Have no dealers near me, so this is really my only option.

also, glastron's website isnt the greatest.

heres my thoughts:

-I saw a list price of 34,000 Im sure thats optionless, though..
-Iss it ONLY available single engine 250hp? (not sure I want)
-9 person capacity.

the only way thats comparable to the Yamaha 210 series, is IF(big IF) that 34k price tag were true.
thoughts on BRP drivetrain appreciated too. Not seeing tons of positives. :(

anyways. love the site, made for some great reading.

thanks.
I got mine for 30,000 out the door. 2015 GTS 207. I love it so far.

GlastronDude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I picked mine up (GT 207 - same color combo above) for just about $32k and loaded with options. Bought late in the season but was able to put 15 hours on it in August. I love the boat.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I picked mine up (GT 207 - same color combo above) for just about $32k and loaded with options. Bought late in the season but was able to put 15 hours on it in August. I love the boat.
Yeah that's what I did to. They dropped the price 10 grand cause it was later in the season. I just got the windows tinted in mine. I'll have to put a picture up of it done cause I think you will like the way it looks. Over the winter I'm getting the tower put on just didn't have the money to do it when I bought it. Glad to see more people coming on this site with glastron jet boats. Theres not to many of us.

GlastronDude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Yeah that's what I did to. They dropped the price 10 grand cause it was later in the season. I just got the windows tinted in mine. I'll have to put a picture up of it done cause I think you will like the way it looks. Over the winter I'm getting the tower put on just didn't have the money to do it when I bought it. Glad to see more people coming on this site with glastron jet boats. Theres not to many of us.
Loved the GTS package - I was scoping that as well. Please do share a photo of the tinted windows - I'm sure it looks great.

Just curious - are you winterizing yourself, or did you take to your dealer? I've watched every YouTube video available and am thinking of doing myself.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Loved the GTS package - I was scoping that as well. Please do share a photo of the tinted windows - I'm sure it looks great.

Just curious - are you winterizing yourself, or did you take to your dealer? I've watched every YouTube video available and am thinking of doing myself.
I'm taking it to the dealer to have it done only because they are gonna store it for me as well so I'll just get it done at one time. I also put thrust vectors on mine to help with the delayed steering. Helped tremendously with that. Will at jet boat pilot is great at answering questions and makes the install super easy. I had a stern drive before this so the jet took some getting used to.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
thanks guys, more to think about!

30-32k loaded doesn't make me want to cringe.... Need to figure out a place to go give one a fair look around....

GlastronDude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Looks awesome - thanks for sharing!

You bemini top looks similar to mine. Do you have any issues with the exposed ends of the screws scratching your gel coat finish? I'm trying to find a solution. Small amount of silicon glue? Let me know if you have the same issue.......

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
oh that looks REALLY good with the window tint!

GlastronDude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I'm taking it to the dealer to have it done only because they are gonna store it for me as well so I'll just get it done at one time. I also put thrust vectors on mine to help with the delayed steering. Helped tremendously with that. Will at jet boat pilot is great at answering questions and makes the install super easy. I had a stern drive before this so the jet took some getting used to.
How did the thrust vectors impact steering at slow speeds? Looking for some projects in the winter to keep me occupied before I can get the boat out again in May!