• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Media Album Permissions-be sure you have it set correctly

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just had a member load some photos and asked me if I could see them. Well of course I could since I have admin privs, but when I went to look at them in a test account I could not see them.

So if you have created your own albums, and you want others to be able to see your pics, make sure you have the permissions set correctly. Here's how:

1) Click on Media
2) Click on "Your Albums"
3) Click on the album you created so you can see the photos (and click on the first photo)
4) On the right side of the screen you will see "Privacy and Sharing" - there is a link there that probably says "Private" or "Shared", change this to "Members Only" or "Public"

Here are the options you get to chose from. "Private" and "Shared" will result in no one being able to see them (yes - "Shared" was a dumb name for that permission!). You will want to chose "Members Only" or "Public" as you can see that these two options allow members to see pics by default with no action required.

Change Privacy:
  • Private
    A private album can only be viewed by you. The album and its contents will not appear anywhere in the gallery (except to you). Administrators may be able to override this privacy setting.

• Shared
    A shared album is completely private by default, but you will have the option to share it with other users.

• People You Follow
    The members that you follow automatically have access to view the media within this album.

• Members Only
    A members only album is fully visible by anyone who is a registered member of the site.

• Public
    A public album is fully visible by anyone who can view the gallery

Last edited: