• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My ongoing fuel sender saga... good news!! <replacing fuel sender>

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Georg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unless your tank is different the sending unit is 12" long on most Yamaha's', my 08 SX230 HO is a 12" long sending unit.
You'v right! But today I've removed my sender that is Centroid with two potentiometers so i was able to adjust my fuel gauge for free!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You'v right! But today I've removed my sender that is Centroid with two potentiometers so i was able to adjust my fuel gauge for free!
You can adjust those potentiometers to get it to read correctly today, but if your blend of ethanol changes it will be off again when it does change. The new version reads the resistance when it reaches full so it self corrects. If you always have the same % of ethanol, then you are good to go!

Last edited:

Greg__Berger

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a new to me 2006 SX230 HO and had suspected the fuel gauge wasn't working. Confirmed it this weekend so I'm assuming I need to do this swap. Is this still the best place to get it the part with this number or has anyone seen the appropriate part available elsewhere online?

Call Mary at 386-423-3574 between 8a-2p EST Mon/THU with the 395088 part number. Tell her its for gasoline you'd like to buy a programmable version of that sender so you'll have Full Detection.​

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Its probably your best bet. By calling them, you are cutting out the middle man profit and reducing time to get it.

Greg__Berger

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Okay thanks. Just tried calling a couple of times and couldn't get an answer. Was hoping to get this fixed before a 3 day weekend on the boat this weekend.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

aznomad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I own a 2005 SX230 HO with needle bounce and accuracy problems. Can anyone tell me the signal outputs of the level sender? Is it: 240-33ω | indicating range: empty-full?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is the working range of the gauge and float on my 08 SX230. I have a Kus aftermarket gauge with the original float, as my gauge was getting stuck on the way down.

aznomad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is the working range of the gauge and float on my 08 SX230. I have a Kus aftermarket gauge with the original float, as my gauge was getting stuck on the way down.
Do you happen to have the model numbers of both the gauge and the sending unit? If not, perhaps may remember the length of the unit down rod?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's 12 in long. I purchased a replacement also branded Kus that I did not need to use yet, so I pulled it from the garage. It is the float kind, so it should not be affected by fuel type. It has several markings on it..

. KUS 001306K

SSL 12 16 W28

aznomad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Beachbummer ~ thank you for the KUS information.I ordered both and installed yesterday. Replacement was easy and straightforward. Love the look of the KUS gauges with the convex lens. My depth finder was not working either so I also replaced the depth finder with the KUS analog clock. Great update to the dash. Thanks again for putting me on the right track......

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome! I have had the gauge for 2-3 years now and it looks as good as they day I bought it. Glad it helped!

Saltydog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well I got in the new sender. @Julian The gasket is included. Also good to note that there are no adjustments on the top like the old sender. Here are pics of the new sender.

Waiting for warmer weather and an open weekend to get her home and work on this and a few other projects. Should be plug and play, calibrate per the instructions. CENTROID PRODUCTS - Electronic Fuel and Water Senders

View attachment 16139 View attachment 16140
What year boat did this go on?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My boat is 2007,
You could go to yamahasprortsplaza.com and compare part numbers
Or pull your unit to compare connectors with pictures, I've saw my old one in the garage this weekend

Saltydog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great minds think alike!
I just compared them and they all have the same number!
But the diagram for 2004 shows the short flat 2008 version in the picture/diagram.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@waterboy see the following thread. In short, I'm replacing my fuel tank because some dumbass put in the wrong size sender and poked a hole! I'm swapping with an o7 tank as it's almost the same exact tank as mine and the mold is still available. The mold for my tank is retired. @itsdgm referred me to this post to read up on getting the proper fuel sender for the new tank. Thanks for the post.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/need-a-new-fuel-tank.3635/
@Saltydog

just to make sure you saw this post back on page four from a 2004 boat,
make sure that sender doesn't touch the bottom of the tank,

Saltydog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok now I'm more confused.
If your sender is the same part number as my sender. And your sender firs in your tank and you replaced it with that mastercraft part number in the forum,
Then wouldn't it replace my sender (same part #?)