• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 SX240's

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can anybody advise on the gel Color of the 2015 Yacht blue SX240, not the blue obviously but the White interior. Is it white or slightly off white/tan? I'm not in the U.S. to view but contemplating a future purchase.
Is the red and black white or are they all the same. With the video it's hard to see.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
image.jpg They appear to be white but if you have one please speak up.

And if you buy one while across the pond..... I know a guy who will pick it up and keep it safe for ya!
image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After seeing how you look after your vehicle I'd have no worries leaving a boat with you Scott :thumbsup:.
That's the photo, the last one, the gel and vinyl looks cream.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After seeing how you look after your vehicle I'd have no worries leaving a boat with you Scott :thumbsup:.
That's the photo, the last one, the gel and vinyl looks cream.
I see what you see now!
@JetBoatPilot has seen these in person. Are they cream colored interiors Will?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes Napa French Vanilla and Ivory, definitely crime colors unlike stark white like on the black boat.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not noticed that before....you can see by the speaker insert in the bow..."French Vanilla" and "Ivory" are not colors in the male vocabulary! LOL "Off white", "Tan" perhaps! Just kidding.....

But it does look a little like faded/old gel coat....I think I'd prefer white.....or something completely different that would hide marks well so I don't spend anal hours cleaning the boat as much!!! LOL

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have the yacht blue on white, 2012 SX240. The interior color, off white, call it what you will, is a nice subtle white and almost the same white vinyl that all others have been, but I think it is a shade darker than the white vinyl in my 230...it looks nice! Same with exterior white, it is Yamaha white, although that too is a tad off white. And it doesn't look faded at all but I can see how you would think that with some pictures. That blue color isn't the blue that Yacht Blue is either, in that picture above...that is off their website, here is a more realistic photo...
IMG_3619.JPG IMG_3623.JPG

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Oops, should have read more closely, you asked about the 2015...mine is a '12. But to compare, here is the 2012" Yamaha photo...looks very similar.
Screen Shot 2014-04-25 at 8.04.22 AM.png

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wow....the Yamaha photo makes the Blue look MUCH lighter.....also looks like they do the interior insets one color and the main gelcoat another. So the majority of the interior color would be white (ish), while the spot in the Yamaha photo by the passenger seat is clearly a dark color....but looks nice.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The blue in the Yamaha shots are completely way off, I have a yacht blue 190 and it's more like a navy blue, it also has crisp white gel which I really like.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I will say this too, my shots were taken on an overcast cold day, the vinyl does not appear that dark in bright daylight obviously.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I prefer white vs off white on boat gel coat for the simple fact that mods, accessories, etc will generally be white and will not look right against "French Vanilla" or "Ivory" ( :))

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I would say that the difference is name only. I am willing to bet that my off white 2012 SX240 is the same off white as your 2008 SX 230 @GTBRMC , because it is the same as my 2008 SX 230 IMO. The 2015 may have more tint in it, but not in 2012...same white IMO

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would say that the difference is name only. I am willing to bet that my off white 2012 SX240 is the same off white as your 2008 SX 230 @GTBRMC , because it is the same as my 2008 SX 230 IMO. The 2015 may have more tint in it, but not in 2012...same white IMO
I think the off white on the '15 boats is significantly darker...but not sure as I have only seen internet photos.
Hoping to see some '15s in person at the Milwaukee Boat Show this weekend...I will report back.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Here is the '12 and '15 side by side, not sure but they look the same to me...let us know what you think. The thing is, comparing white without them side by side may be harder than two photos! And you have some fade on an '08 for sure.
image-3.jpg Screen Shot 2014-04-25 at 8.04.22 AM.png

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Agreed, those look like the same variation of white.

Is it possible the '15 242s have a darker gelcoat? Anyway, I hope to see some '15s this weekend...and gelcoat color is way down the list of what I hope see!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Take notes and lots of pics @GTBRMC ! And have fun! btw...are you trading? ;)

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Take notes and lots of pics @GTBRMC ! And have fun! btw...are you trading? ;)
No, not looking to trade up any time soon. I love my SX230 and she has many, many years of great service still in her. Plus, I have a lot of time and sweat equity, and some blood, in mods... I would have mixed emotions about doing all that again - I am sure you know the feeling!

Much like when I walk through the big yachts at boat shows or check out the supercars at auto shows, I mainly enjoy seeing how the design and technology changes (hopefully improves) over time.

My wife and I will likely upgrade to a modest cruiser after the kids are through college, but that is many years off. A lot of water will pass under the bridge between now and then AND a lot of higher priority expenses, as well.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The 2015 Yacht Blue AR/SX 240 & Black 242 Limited come with a cream gel coat not white.

Untitled-1.jpg