• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Mid Atlantic Gathering...let the discussion begin!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So as not to be out done by those midwesterners with the Shelbyville gathering...how about we begin kicking around ideas for a date/location for a gathering next year.

The hardest part for those in the Wake county area are all the darn school calendars! So looking at the 2017-2018 School calendar....looks like the week of July 4th is a full week off for all schools! So I was thinking....how about a gathering July 6-9 (That is a Thursday-Sun)? You don't have to attend all the days....just come Sat/Sun....or all 4, or go the full week.

Next would be the location....I was thinking Lake Gaston or Kerr Lake. 4-5 years ago we did it at Lake Gaston because I found a place with lots of "cabins" and slips....which makes it a much better approach.....I've not found anything like it on Kerr. If someone has another lake with something similar....I'm all ears....heck...I'm driving to IL for the gathering there...

@bronze_10 @DieselCamel @Kennc @jet set @Jet Blue @Tom Toberman @Firestomper247 @shohfi @rideandfly @bigbyrd @jeremy0011 @NoProb@Shannon @piccboaters @Eric Ballard @Paulie @Rideitout @rob0101 @benc @Brent C @96Pirate @AndyD @Chadrock ,@Herman ,@Brian Lewis, @goldencreek, @NKTARHEEL , @mike067 , @markhern19 , @Beast82 , @Brandie , @JHG120 , @dperks , @Stacey in SC @Andy S @redthumper9 @Monterro @justason @robert843 @veedubtek

If any of you haven't joined the below user groups, you can do so by clicking here
@NC_Mid_Atlantic @NC_New_Bern_to_Beaufort

Let the discussion begin....no time will work for everyone....

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd be up for Lake Gaston for sure - That's where we usually go for the 4th anyway....

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have not been there but we have always wanted to do lake fontaina in the mountains... they have floating cabins but not sure how many or how nice they are.

Someone was saying at falls this weekend that kerr lake had fireworks on the lake.

We have never been to gaston but we want to go sometime.

As far as the dates we usually go to my mother in laws that week. However we are going to Shelbyvillage a few weeks later so we may not go that week. We will know more the closer we get. If we are here then we would Definately go.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That would be the week after our OBX trip so those dates might work for us. I would be up for any lake.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Until we know what the dates are for the 2017 Bimini trip, we can't commit to this gathering. If they're is no conflict, Cindy and I would be interested in joining, it would be a good primer for the Shelbyville gathering.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Until we know what the dates are for the 2017 Bimini trip, we can't commit to this gathering. If they're is no conflict, Cindy and I would be interested in joining, it would be a good primer for the Shelbyville gathering.
I didn't think the Bimini trip was ever done in July was it? I thought the Bimini trip was in May or June? I need to know the answer to this too! :)

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last year was July, actually. We left on the 6th IIRC. That was the only year though, I believe.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Rideitout

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm in depending on the dates of our annual family beach trip. Gaston or Kerr would be nice.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm good for virtually any weekend btw, Bimini trip excluded. We can have a bunch of gatherings, and I'll be at all of em! I'd love to see both Kerr and Gaston, haven't been on either yet.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length