• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252/255 fsh Issues

Jkp1799

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am getting ready to have my dealer do the 10 hour maintenance on my 252 fsh. I have noticed a couple of small issues with the boat. Loose throttles, loose hoses, and a noticeable pull to the right. Has anyone noticed any common issues with these boats I should check before the dealer comes and does the maintenance? I would like to get all the warrant issues taken care of sooner than later. Secondly, are covers starting to show up at dealers? Thanks in advance.

sleili

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Thanks for starting this thread! I will be getting a 22 252 FSH some time this fall and was contemplating starting something similar. I've also been hearing of issues with livewell drains not being clear, unfinished drains in the other compartments and non working side scanning from the simrad transducer.

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can't comment on the pull to the right but loose throttles and hoses with loose connections are pretty typical.

We joke that in the first weeks of owning your boat it's standard procedure to have to tighten a bunch of those hoses, adjust your throttles, maybe even put sealant somewhere. Maybe that's the QC we get with our price point of boat 🤷‍♂️

Also, if you're comfortable changing the oil on your car, you can do the 10 hour service yourself!

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I am getting ready to have my dealer do the 10 hour maintenance on my 252 fsh. I have noticed a couple of small issues with the boat. Loose throttles, loose hoses, and a noticeable pull to the right. Has anyone noticed any common issues with these boats I should check before the dealer comes and does the maintenance? I would like to get all the warrant issues taken care of sooner than later. Secondly, are covers starting to show up at dealers? Thanks in advance.
if they put counter rotating impellers it will pull straight , the blade going down will have more push than the one going up so it will pull to one side more than the other all 3 of my jb has done it, put trim tabs problem solve, i did it on my 07 ar230, i could go in a straight line without touching the steering wheel.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine had a loose throttle which caused a pull to one side.

Dealer tightened it up, and it's no longer an issue.

Also a common problem are loose keys.
You'll want to apply some 5200 to the back side, and a bit of super glue on the plastic nut.
Alternatively some are making 3D printed contraptions to keep the keys from twisting.

YamSport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just put mine in yesterday. Noticed the anchor locker filled up with water within a few minutes.. Air filter housing cracked disabled one clip.. Seems to be listing slightly left..hoping that filling the fresh water tank will even that out..

Last edited:

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Just put mine in yesterday. Noticed the anchor locker filled up with water within a few minutes.. Air filter housing cracked disabled one clip.. Seems to be listing slightly left..hoping that filling the fresh water tank will even that out..
Batteries are on the left fill up your shower tank and it will sit flat on the water

Rebel42668

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My port throttle moves some have not been back to dealer yet . Also lists left filled up fresh water tank still lists . when live well is full it sits level.

Mainelaker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

You'll want to apply some 5200 to the back side, and a bit of super glue on the plastic nut.
Alternatively some are making 3D printed contraptions to keep the keys from twisting.

Dude, love the boat name! I am in the process of ordering a 2022 255FSH, I'm gonna use if on Moosehead lake in Maine, any advise that might help my decision?

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Loose throttles, loose hoses, and a noticeable pull to the right.
Mine had an extreme pull to the right when I first took delivery of the boat. On plane, I had to turn the wheel hard left to keep going straight.

I tried adjusted various things... and eventually, settled on a roughly 3° toe-in (heel-out) of the starboard jet and a 5° toe-in (heel-out) of the port jet.

Now, with the freshwater tank full, and regardless of the rear live-well being full or not, my boat tracks straight from idle speed to full throttle.

sleili

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Just got mine about a week ago and the forward live well has gone out. I checked the fuse and it was blown. Reset the fuse and tried again. Blew the fuse again. I’ll be digging into it today. Anyone know where the pump and inlet are specifically for the forward livewell? Are there any shut offs other than the one at the outlet that may need to be checked? Any help to get me back on the water quicker would be appreciated!

Bret Crook

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just got mine about a week ago and the forward live well has gone out. I checked the fuse and it was blown. Reset the fuse and tried again. Blew the fuse again. I’ll be digging into it today. Anyone know where the pump and inlet are specifically for the forward livewell? Are there any shut offs other than the one at the outlet that may need to be checked? Any help to get me back on the water quicker would be appreciated!
Mine did they same, Yamaha replaced the breaker unit for that on mine. Also, just went back for the gas gauge showing 100% all of the time.

Bret Crook

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for starting this thread! I will be getting a 22 252 FSH some time this fall and was contemplating starting something similar. I've also been hearing of issues with livewell drains not being clear, unfinished drains in the other compartments and non working side scanning from the simrad transducer.
I am sure you figured this out by now, but they do not come with side-scan, have to add another transducer.

ScottGawell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just received my 252 Fsh and I noticed on the connext the port engine hours are not registering. Anybody had this issue? Also not thrilled with the radio not being on the house battery. Anyone able to change that?

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Any recommendations for a future boat owner who knows nothing about boats? reading all of the issues above I am getting a little worried about how I will be able to fix all the issues.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Any recommendations for a future boat owner who knows nothing about boats? reading all of the issues above I am getting a little worried about how I will be able to fix all the issues.
Generally speaking people don’t go on the net to say how great something is, mostly they are looking for solutions to problems. I guarantee you there are a whole lot of 2021 boat owners that have not had issues.

The 21 boats had some issues as Yamaha (as well as other manufacturers) struggled mightily to over come supply chain issues, people not coming to work, etc… I’d say look back before 21 as far as QC goes, and 22 onward.

Life is short, buy the boat and deal with the few things that you may have to. On my 2020 FSH I had no problems.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ive had my 252 FSH for 8 months now, and there are a few minor issues. Its interesting that you bring up the Side Scan not working on the Simrad graph. The reason it doesnt work is because there is only one transducer on the boat and its for DownScan. I confirmed this yesterday after discussing with my dealer for the last 8 moths when my replacement transducer would come in to fix mine, as it was not working since I picked it up.

The skinny: October 2020 Ordered boat, was told side and structure scan was included. Ordered premanufacture of the 252 so there wasnt one to "test" all the features. received boat April 2021, took out and side scan didnt work. Returned boat to dealer May 2021 for 10 hour service, and some minor warranty repairs including side scan. Picked up boat and was informed side scan was not fixed as Yamaha service said the transducer was bad, and they we on national back order. Returned boat for 50 hour service (about 3 weeks later,) and side scan was addressed again, dealer saying still on back order. Enjoyed boat all summer, annoyed that side and structure scan didnt work. In July I contacted Simrad directly, and was told they were in stock but I had to go through my dealer since it was a part of the OEM boat sale. Took boat in for winter service in December. Talked to them again about the transducer, was told they would work on it again. Same story from Yamaha, it was on backorder. Called Yamaha, spoke to customer support. Explained my situation. Was informed by Yamaha that the boat did not include side scan transducer and it was not designed to have that feature. Called my dealer, discussed with them Yamaha's comment. (Have names of all these folks) and my dealer said they would take care of it, but it was still on national back order. I found one it's part number Navico LOW000-11460-001with Y cable. They run anywhere from $1150 to $1800 online and they are thru hull paired transducers. My dealer is a stand up group and is making it right on my boat as they believe they were told the side scan and structure scan was part of the package. 2021 was not a great year for manufacturing anything, and Yamaha boats are no exception. My suggestion is get the YES warranty for the full 5 years. This is my 3rd Yamaha boat, love them, but quality is not top notch in this model year. Nothing like my first 2012.

At any rate, your side scan will never work with the transducer on the boat, unless they changed their minds and put i on there after mine was built. I did get one of the first off the line in April last year.

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My 252fsh was delivered august 21 and I haven’t had any problems. Only issue I had was launching the boat after a heavy rain. A lot of shit in water, jammed one of my impellers.
Other than that, great boat, great value.