• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext Touch Screen Poll

Have you experienced issues with your Connext touch screen since purchasing your boat?

• Total voters

LaGrange1969

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Please take this poll related to your Connext touch screen experience. I have not had a good experience. I'm interested to see how many others have had or are having issues.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I use the knob 90% of the time, I think its easier once you get the hang of it. I only use the screen to turn the blowers off.

FredB32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Seems like I need to reset or recalibrate the Connext every time we go out. Sort of works off an on with a combination of the screen and joystick...so who knows lol

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Home button and several other buttons do not work. Placed order through dealership last year for a new screen. They are on forever back order, or mostly likely, Yamaha is installing the only stock they have to fill new orders. At what point does the manufacture consider to be "derelict" on their ability to honor their warranty? 1 year? 2 year?

LaGrange1969

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Calibration doesn't work for me. I am having to learn how to get proficient with the knob.

Considering putting in a separate head unit for the stereo.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I only use the screen to turn the blowers off.
I too find using the joystick controller works great for just about everything on the screen, and it's easier to reach when seated. From the Home screen:
1 - press the Volume/Scroll button once
2 - tap "down" on the joystick once to hit the bottom row
3 - scroll right to the NAV icon and press the joystick center to enable/disable
Done.
Originally I was tapping the screen to get to things like the Blowers, but after getting used to the joystick, I never touch my screen any more and it's fingerprint-free.
:)
My Axiom chartplotter has little prints all over it though as it doesn't have a joystick dang it.
:D

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I wish the "never had an issue" was 2000+ and the "having/had issues" was 10. The connext does make me feel vulnerable, if it goes down your S.O.L. YES warranty or not the availability makes me nervous. But flawless so far, fingers crossed.

WhalerMax

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Im in category "must purchase". does anyone know if the new one needs to be programmed or if it is plug and play with brains elsewhere?