• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Error code 68

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I keep getting this error message and the no wake mode on the port side motor isn't working. Every once and a while it will try but shut right back off in seconds. Switch is good. Tried wd40 the plug. Hoping someone can help me. Thanks

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Error Code 68 has been found to be a faulty No Wake switch. You can swap the switches to see if it movs and verify.

You can find new ones at boats.net, iboats.com, or yamahasportsplaza.com.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I keep getting this error message and the no wake mode on the port side motor isn't working. Every once and a while it will try but shut right back off in seconds. Switch is good. Tried wd40 the plug. Hoping someone can help me. Thanks
Marvin glad you found your way here. Hope someone can help you solve your issue.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. I did swap the switches so I know that's not the problem

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Could be a loose wire/connector coupling. Low voltage can also throw a code 68.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New battery at the end of last season. Has been charged recently. I believe it's a short somewhere. Just don't know where

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
upload_2014-6-12_19-24-47.png
Edited to add: this is from the 240 series mait. manual. Assuming they are the same on the 230 series.

Last edited:

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's awesome. Any idea where I can find these wires in the engine compartment?

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not exactly sure, hopefully someone that knows for sure will chime in. I believe there is one on the starboard side of the boat, In the engine compartment Starboard side should be a plastic cover (I think round) that can be removed to gain excess to wiring plugs.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just put the charger on the battery just to be sure but I know the battery is strong. The switch looks brand new at the terminals. No corrosion which is very surprising with the salt air here

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hopefully it will be nothing more than a loose connector plug located behind the excess plate in the engine compartment.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Should be one on either side of your engine compartment, a round plastic plate. On the starboard side behind the plate, I think you will find several wiring harness's with connectors on them. It could be something as small as corrosion on one of the contacts.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do you have any after market add ons installed? Drawing power from behind the dash has been known to reduce the voltage to the No Wake Mode switches and making them intermittent.

Another owner had this issue and said "had the same issue right after purchasing my boat and it ended up being a loose connection on the cam position sensor on one of the motors. I'd check all the plugs around the engine to make sure they are all plugged in."

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No add ons besides aftermarket CD player and remotes. Boat is perfect the way it is. I just wanted to say I just joined this site and love it. Thanks for the help

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Glad you like the forum....we'll get No Wake Mode working....but it has been a challenge for members to root out the cause before.

As for no mods needed....we'll just have to agree to disagree on that front! :cool: Perfect Pass has saved my marriage! LOL and I think Bilge and Fume alarms should be required equipment on ALL boats (that have a bilge).

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is the CD player drawing power off of the ignition switch? Some have had this problem drawing too much power from the switch.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would love perfect pass but not gonna spend the money on that. As far as the CD player. It's never on. At least not when the wife is around. First thing I'm gonna get is the seats recovered.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length