• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Holding water <in table bases-solutions?>

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone ever drilled holes in the cockpit and swim deck table bases? The ones on my boat are always filled with water and it drives me nuts.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Ummmm...Maybe you are being a lil anal?? lol It is in a wet area, mine usually dries out pretty quick in this Florida heat

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It bugs me too, however I just stick a rag in there and dry it out. I don't want to drill a hole. But I've seen where some have cut a noodle and fits right in there and no room for water. Mel just posted something about it.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know it sounds funny... The issue is that our soon to be 2 year old heads straight for those when he gets in the boat. Then he tries to drink the water, dump the water in his mom's purse etc. etc. I just thought maybe it would be possible to take a 1/16 drill bit and put a tiny hole in the bottom of them to empty the water a little quicker.

@wakeformer said that he uses a cut off pool noodle to get the water out quickly. So I will try that for now.

If anyone is brave enough to drill into their table bases let us know how it goes!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you cut a pool noodle level with the floor it makes it less annoying when you step on it and takes up space reducing the amount of water it holds too.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The Texas group got the noodles as "stocking stuffers" at a gathering years back. I used it as a off the water storage for the transom drain plug as well!DSCN0694resize.JPGDSCN0699resize crop.jpg

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I drilled a small hole, the size of a plastic golf tee, in the swim deck table mount and use the plastic golf tee to plug the hole. I decided on a plastic golf tee instead of wood to prevent swelling and getting stuck in the hole. Once the table mount fills with water and we want it to drain we just pull out the golf tee and the water drain to the aft bilge. So far after 4 boating seasons the golf tee has not float out.

Last edited:

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Get a dog. :)

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpg We have a whole bag of those sponge balls. I keep all three table bases stuffed with one. Keeps sand from collecting too.

Last edited:

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very Nice! That's what I was hoping someone else had already done.

Thanks for the pictures.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did the pool noodle thing when I had mounts like that. If I were to drill it would be the one on the swim deck only and I wouldn't plug it in season, just let it drain into the bilge constantly and let the bilge pump take care of it.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Now do you keep your golf tee plug in when in the water and out when on land or...........:eek:
I keep the golf tee in all the time (water and land), it only come out when I want to drain the water out. When the boat is on land it is parked under a metal carport out of the elements so it never get water in it.