• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Picked up our new AR240

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't posted due to not owning a jetboat. That changed today, we brought home the new boat today. This site helped me decide a jetboat was the right choice. I will probably have several questions the next few weeks.
image.jpg

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats! You will enjoy her!

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congratulations @Westbeach Bum! and you have definetly come to the right place to get your questions answered. There is A LOT of knowledge here.

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really never thought about a jetboat until I saw a yamaha at the beach last summer. I found this site last fall and researched it all winter. I pulled the trigger and bought it at the boat show in Orange Beach, AL a couple of weeks ago.

image.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board, is this your first boat ? if so plan a day by yourself of just one other person to get some practice in without all the expectations of other people ready to have fun,

it looks like you have a great area to boat,

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board, is this your first boat ? if so plan a day by yourself of just one other person to get some practice in without all the expectations of other people ready to have fun,

it looks like you have a great area to boat,

I owned a 2002 Master Craft from 02 to 04 and a 2004 Yamaha Jetski for a few years. I have been around boats my whole life. But this is my first dealings with a jetboat or a boat this big. We cruise in the shallow coastal waters around the gulf so this boat is perfect for our area. Saturday me and my wife are going to spend the day in Orange Beach getting used to how it handles.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi there @Westbeach Bum ............. really glad you have joined us. :Welcome:
You purchased a KILLER boat, year and model. It only gets better & better from here on out.
Wishing you a great upcoming 2015 Boating Year !
Many Best Wishes your way - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
And, oh yeah, before I go out fishing right now .........

+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 100 Westbeach Bum.jpg

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS!! on the new boat!! :Welcome:

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat. The 2015 model has a ton of improvements that I think you will really like.

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! Welcome! We are all ready to help you spend money on it!

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! Welcome! We are all ready to help you spend money on it!
My wife is still suffering from sticker shock so I better stick to the essentials now and save the first mods for winter. Thrust Vectors are essentials, right.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dont think they are as essential on the new 2015 24'rs..... Hell, I've got a 2008 AR230 and only had it in the water 4 times, and I dont think I need the Thrust Vectors.... I feel like I can do anything I want with this boat with a little bit of throttle manipulation and gate action......

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dont think they are as essential on the new 2015 24'rs..... Hell, I've got a 2008 AR230 and only had it in the water 4 times, and I dont think I need the Thrust Vectors.... I feel like I can do anything I want with this boat with a little bit of throttle manipulation and gate action......
I just need more time driving it. I have only driven it during the test drive and it was tricky getting it on the trailer.