• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Price for a Yamaha without a Trailer

Vlad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm planning to trade in my current boat for a new 2017 Yamaha 242x. I keep boat in a slip for close to 6 months (fresh water lake) and have my marina service and store it for the winter. I don't need a trailer and would like to get the boat without it. My marina charges me $150 for summer trailer storage. I understand that not having the trailer might impact my resale value but I could try to sell it in a few years to someone in similar situation (many people do this on our lake) or get a new Yamaha with the trailer and sell the old boat with the new trailer.

Has anyone gotten a Yamaha without a trailer? Is it possible to get it this way from the factory? What was the reduction in price? I know that Chaparral reduces the price on their VRX jet boats by $1,700 if you get one without a trailer. My dealer told me that I'd have to get it with the trailer and then sell it myself. I'd like to avoid this. Still negotiating my current trade in and haven't pressed the trailer issue with the dealer yet.

Wake Turbulence

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My trailer was listed at $1,000 as a boat/trailer package on the bill of sale.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Vlad where are you located? If your boat comes with a galvanized trailer I might buy it from you.

Vlad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I live in Minneapolis suburbs. No idea if standard trailer is galvanized or not.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I believe all Yamaha boats come with a trailer included in the price. If you didn't want the trailer, you could likely work out a deal with the dealer to discount the price a little, but I wouldn't get too excited about it. It may be $1,000-1,500?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Painted 24' trailer should be worth around 2k, 3k if it is galvanized. Dealer is correct, Yamaha ships their boats with trailers - it is how they are supported on the truck. I would think your dealer would be willing to work with you on selling it, but they'll want it really cheap so they aren't sitting on it long. You'd have to pay $1000 extra to get a galvanized when you order it - most if not all trailers going to MN will be painted.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
bummer, long drive from Texas.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a hard time believing anyone would pay the same for a Shorelander POS as you could purchase a custom aluminum I-beam trailer.

If anyone knows that person, I have some ocean front property in South Dakota I'm looking to unload.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have a hard time believing anyone would pay the same for a Shorelander POS as you could purchase a custom aluminum I-beam trailer.

If anyone knows that person, I have some ocean front property in South Dakota I'm looking to unload.
Any good galvanized trailer here is $2500+ in this size. I've never priced an aluminum I-beam trailer but it has to be $4k plus.

@Vlad I would buy it with the trailer and sell the trailer separately. You may have to hold on to it for a month or two but I would expect selling for double whatever the dealer takes off of the price. Maybe this isn't feasible if you have no place to store it though.

Vlad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It was a regular painted trailer and I worked out $1,000 off the price with the dealer.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
great congrats on the new boat.

Hopefully you get to post some pictures of the boat and the set up at the lake.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had my dealer break out the pricing for boat and trailer. Then pay for the trailer outright and finance the boat. That way when you decide to sell the trailer and get another the trailer title isn't wrapped up in financing.

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My purchase order for a 17 Ar240 had the trailer $5080 and the boat was $44700. Trailer is galvanized 2018 however.

Last edited:

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I had my dealer break out the pricing for boat and trailer. Then pay for the trailer outright and finance the boat. That way when you decide to sell the trailer and get another the trailer title isn't wrapped up in financing.
That was smart. Wish I did that... I got a painted trailer, and could have traded w someone w a galvanized if I could get the title for it.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any good galvanized trailer here is $2500+ in this size. I've never priced an aluminum I-beam trailer but it has to be $4k plus.

@Vlad I would buy it with the trailer and sell the trailer separately. You may have to hold on to it for a month or two but I would expect selling for double whatever the dealer takes off of the price. Maybe this isn't feasible if you have no place to store it though.
i had a custom aluminum trailer built for 3k..