• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seakeeper Ride install and review on a 252 FSH Sport

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Simply put, this system is amazing.
I did the install myself. I will say it's pretty involved. I'm not one to document my projects like some folks here do. So sorry about that. It took me about 6 days of working on it.
It was challenging because I'm in Baja with limited supplies.
I had planned on taking the boat up to Dan Diego to have them installed, but when I serviced my trailer for the 1200 mile round trip I found too many issues with bearings and brakes to move ahead with that plan.
So, I bought the system and supplies from West Coast Marine and brought it back down.
Great guys to work with, lined me out on everything I would need down here.

Again, big project, but sooooo worth it. The boat is amazing now! We have 2 to 3 foot swells very often here. Most times it's a very confused sea. It used to be a real hassle keeping the boat pointed in the right direction. I was sawing on the wheel to keep the boat straight as it would basically bounce of of the face of the swells and change direction. Not anymore! This thing tracks straight, cuts through the waves like butter. It's put pleasure back in pleasure boating.
I am going through the rough stuff at 35 mph all the time now.
The easiest way to describe it is it feels like the boat weighs more, if that makes sense.
Best mod I've done to my boat.

I watched and referenced Jet Boat Pilots install video frequently. Many thanks to Will for putting that together.
Post up questions and I'll answer them when I can.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I plan to install the 450's.
Based on @Bugslayer I think they would work great on a 210.
Maybe. I have trim tabs now and they work great. Would swap them out to try the SeaKeepers, but not for $4,500.

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes, I put the 450s on.
4500 is steep, but to me it's justified. I can use the boat more often now.
I've had four different people out on the the boat so far. It's remarkable the reaction I get from people when I reach up and turn them off. I always do it in rough conditions going over 30 mph. They always, ALWAYS, point to the dash and say turn it back on!
The one down side so far is I use more fuel. Not be cause the system hurt the fuel mileage, but because we are on the water more and traveling further.

boatTooMuch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Simply put, this system is amazing.
I did the install myself. I will say it's pretty involved. I'm not one to document my projects like some folks here do. So sorry about that. It took me about 6 days of working on it.
It was challenging because I'm in Baja with limited supplies.
I had planned on taking the boat up to Dan Diego to have them installed, but when I serviced my trailer for the 1200 mile round trip I found too many issues with bearings and brakes to move ahead with that plan.
So, I bought the system and supplies from West Coast Marine and brought it back down.
Great guys to work with, lined me out on everything I would need down here.

Again, big project, but sooooo worth it. The boat is amazing now! We have 2 to 3 foot swells very often here. Most times it's a very confused sea. It used to be a real hassle keeping the boat pointed in the right direction. I was sawing on the wheel to keep the boat straight as it would basically bounce of of the face of the swells and change direction. Not anymore! This thing tracks straight, cuts through the waves like butter. It's put pleasure back in pleasure boating.
I am going through the rough stuff at 35 mph all the time now.
The easiest way to describe it is it feels like the boat weighs more, if that makes sense.
Best mod I've done to my boat.

I watched and referenced Jet Boat Pilots install video frequently. Many thanks to Will for putting that together.
Post up questions and I'll answer them when I can.
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Ride system! Can you comment on how the system performs at lower speeds, say 10, 15-20 MPH? The Seakeeper folks have said it begins to activate in this range, so I'm curious if you only realize the benefit at higher speeds. Thank you!

Ohio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I knew they sold gyros, had no idea that they developed "trim tabs" too. The videos demonstrate exactly what Bugslayer has described. Impressive. I see too that they basically require a manufacturer to make it a standard piece of equipment on every boat they sell.

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Ride system! Can you comment on how the system performs at lower speeds, say 10, 15-20 MPH? The Seakeeper folks have said it begins to activate in this range, so I'm curious if you only realize the benefit at higher speeds. Thank you!
You won't see any benefit at anything below 18 to 29 MPH.
Except hole shot, it seems to kick in at the lower speed if you are hammering the gas. If you just creep up with the throttle slowly, you won't feel it until the above speeds.

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So, we went out yesterday in some crazy water. It was a mix of wind waves, current changes and shifting/veering wind. All about 2 1/2 feet high. Absolutely no time period between, just a big mess.
I was able to run at about 23/24 mph and saw on the wheel to keep straight. Being spoiled by how well it has been working, I thought maybe this thing quit working. So I reached up and turned it off.
I quickly turned it back on!
Worth every penny in my book.
Unintentionally caught a 150 lb big eye thresher shark and wasted about 40 mins getting him up on light tackle only to cut him loose.
Nailed 5, 25 lb+ yellowtail and back to the ramp by noon.
Great day!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So, we went out yesterday in some crazy water. It was a mix of wind waves, current changes and shifting/veering wind. All about 2 1/2 feet high. Absolutely no time period between, just a big mess.
I was able to run at about 23/24 mph and saw on the wheel to keep straight. Being spoiled by how well it has been working, I thought maybe this thing quit working. So I reached up and turned it off.
I quickly turned it back on!
Worth every penny in my book.
Unintentionally caught a 150 lb big eye thresher shark and wasted about 40 mins getting him up on light tackle only to cut him loose.
Nailed 5, 25 lb+ yellowtail and back to the ramp by noon.
Great day!
No photos?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ah.... it DID happen... :)

TeenGee

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Bugslayer
I am being told that the underwater lights must be relocated to install Seakeepers on a 255H.
Does you 252 have underwater lights?
Can you share a picture of your install?

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Bugslayer
I am being told that the underwater lights must be relocated to install Seakeepers on a 255H.
Does you 252 have underwater lights?
Can you share a picture of your install?
You for sure need to relocate the underwater lights. Mine are relocated to a box on a shelf, : )
Not sure I will put them back in. Not too much after dark boating down here.
I didn't take many photos, but here are a few.
20240329_180928.jpg20240329_112316.jpg20240328_141412.jpg20240329_181318.jpg