• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not advocating for one side or the other - it's a personal choice. I ran across this article, and the points he makes are interesting, but the comments show the extreme polarization on this topic. Much like this thread in fact.

Link to article
No vax for me. Gonna wait until they are done experimenting on all the sheep. Carry on.

Trannyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those exercising their Baby killing rights you mentioned earlier feel the exact same on the other side of that conversation. Your challenge trying to convince them they are wrong is the same challenge those pro-vaccine feel to try to convince you. It's tough when folks are that far apart.

My ask is, what would you need to see to feel comfortable being vaccinated? (if any)
The thing is I’m not anti vaccination and I don’t want it to sound like I am I just don’t see the reason. I don’t fully trust it and I’ve had covid and it was very minor. I’ve talked to my dr about it and she doesn’t recommend I get it either. What does it matter how I get the anti bodies as long as I get them. If you have the vaccine what does it matter if I do? I brought up the other stuff just because I don’t understand why we focus on covid so hard when there is so many other preventable deaths in the us as well. Not trying to discount the covid deaths at all I don’t want it to look that way. Not trying to make anyone mad.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
... I don’t understand why we focus on covid ...
My main interest is: (I believe the following to be true, not telling you you must share my belief)
The vaccine exists and is about as safe as anything else we do day to day. (driving, standing outside, eating raw oyster/fish rare meat, etc.)
we don't know who needs hospitalization and takes up a bed, when a vaccine could have helped instead and the hospital bed is open for someone else.
Transmission is greatly reduced, if you don't get sick, virus has less chance to mutate and reduce vaccine efficacy.

Do you agree that if you believed these things to be true, it would make sense to be vaccinated, and try to have others do the same to increase the afforded protection as much as possible?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is a very hot issue worldwide. I don’t mean to offend, and apologies if I have. It is fundamental to a free society to have open discussion without censorship. everyone should make their own informed decisions and have the freedom to choose and not be forced, discriminated against or restricted based on their personal decision. T4 program in Germany did not allow those freedoms.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

doctor shares his research and at the end answers questions on vaccine affinity
I'll look into it. But full disclaimer, I'm going in with one eyebrow extremely raised. First line in the text below is that the mRNA is a gene modifier. That could not be more wrong. Like Alexis Rose would say: EW!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I lost interest at 'mRNA BIOWEAPON', didn't even bother to click it.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I lost interest at 'mRNA BIOWEAPON', didn't even bother to click it.
Yea didn’t much care for that either. Nothing mentioned about bio weapon in the video- I think the poster wrote that. The video is informative

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
This is a very hot issue worldwide. I don’t mean to offend, and apologies if I have. It is fundamental to a free society to have open discussion without censorship. everyone should make their own informed decisions and have the freedom to choose and not be forced, discriminated against or restricted based on their personal decision. T4 program in Germany did not allow those freedoms.
Thank God we live in a country where we/individuals have "rights" to decide what's best for "me". Honestly...

EDIT: Another way of saying it...

Thank God YOU live in a country where you have the "right" to choose what's best for you. Remember "rights" are a man-made ideology/fantasy which we all enjoy and take for granted. Life is precious everyone and there are no do-overs. You only get one shot at it. Ask Houdini...

Last edited:

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So in order to produce the vaccines which we don’t know the origin of, we sent a bunch of people from the US to do testing and they were able to isolate whatever those things the experts use to make the vaccines? Is this how the vaccines were to be able to be produced?

On a side note :
Only flat earth people know this ... the vaccines are not really for the protection of humanity it’s for the protection of the aliens that are about to invade ..you’ve seen all the recent UFO stuff right ? Well, rumor has it if they catch a cold that’s it for them as a species!
Not meant to be insensitive . A little levity.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
So in order to produce the vaccines which we don’t know the origin of, we sent a bunch of people from the US to do testing and they were able to isolate whatever those things the experts use to make the vaccines? Is this how the vaccines were to be able to be produced?

On a side note :
Only flat earth people know this ... the vaccines are not really for the protection of humanity it’s for the protection of the aliens that are about to invade ..you’ve seen all the recent UFO stuff right ? Well, rumor has it if they catch a cold that’s it for them as a species!
Not meant to be insensitive . A little levity.
War of the Worlds...Luv it!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where do you get this from?
Do people just come up with stuff like that? I mean, I know they do. But do you ACTUALLY think this is how it works?
o_O

(we do know the origin of vaccines, they are synthetic, tightly controlled, recombinant formulas)

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lots to unpack. I guess I'll work backwards.

The article posted above by Chip
- Gosh. Not sure how to grab this one. It has quite the many factual errors, subjective assertions presented as facts, and facts presented out of context that it is hard to even discuss it.
- I do wanna touch on breakthrough cases. CDC just recently reported 5800 breakthrough cases. With only 396 of those hospitalized. And 74 deaths. Regardless of what the click baity media wants you to think, those are great numbers! Remember that the denominator here is 77 million people fully vaccinated.

Ivermectin and Vitamins
- To state that ivermectin and vitamins are equally and / or more effective than the vaccine is a hard sell. Are there data to suggest that ivermectin helps? Sure, there is stuff out there. But the data aren't that great. And I'll tell you, we used it for some time and I feel that it didn't to squat. We definitely don't use it anymore. And many of my colleagues who treat outpatient covid have also echoed the fact that ivermectin at an early phase also does not seem to change the course.
- Absolutely all my patients get vitamins. D, thiamine, zinc, C. Hate to sound like a broken record, but so many have died! I wish they had the vaccine instead of getting sick.
- I just need to say it again. Ivermectin and vitamins have no where near the same level of data and efficacy compared to the currently available vaccines.

Trusting God and nature
- I absolutely do not want to minimize your beliefs. I'm a believer as well if it matters. One could say that getting such an effective vaccine in such short time frame is a great gift from above!
- To trust nature, one would try to understand nature as well. That is what science is. And science is always changing. I think it is disingenuous to say that we shouldn't trust scientists because they change their stance on something. If anything, I would trust that more because it shows a willingness to accept one is wrong.

yeesh. long post. sorry for the wall of text.
Best post here. Mic drop.

@tabbibus - you are the man, hats off to you.

--

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where do you get this from?
Do people just come up with stuff like that? I mean, I know they do. But do you ACTUALLY think this is how it works?
o_O

(we do know the origin of vaccines, they are synthetic, tightly controlled, recombinant formulas)

--
Sorry meant to say origin of the virus not the vaccine. How did the pharmaceutical companies get what they needed to produce the COVID vaccine?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Sorry meant to say origin of the virus not the vaccine. How did the pharmaceutical companies get what they needed to produce the COVID vaccine?
I know this doesn't answer your question and is way to vague (I'm not being funny here) but it all starts with "Science". It is science (and technology) that'll save us and hopefully get us back to (a new) normal. IMHO, man got us into this and man will get us out.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I know this doesn't answer your question and is way to vague (I'm not being funny here) but it all starts with "Science". It is science (and technology) that'll save us and hopefully get us back to (a new) normal. IMHO, man got us into this and man will get us out.
Yup....and as @tabbibus said in an earlier post.....77 million doses and only 5500 (typing those from memory) break through cases of Covid......FREAKING AMAZING EFFICACY!!!! These guys should all get Nobel Prizes!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And here is a really interesting article on the mRNA work Moderna did. I didn't know that it only took 2 days to design the vaccine! Awesome technology! Really cool how they can take an existing drug and effectively instruct our bodies to make it! They've been working on this since 2011ish.....proving how well it works. The end of the article talks about - why not be prepared for the next one?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The COVID genome can be amplified directly from the RNA extracted from the virus and then sequenced - by NGS (next generation sequencing) methods - in it's entirety, within hours/or overnight - in any large lab set up for that kind of work; the size of the whole (COVID, viral) genome is just under about 30kb (30,000 "base pairs") - the length of nucleic acid polymer (the matrix for the virus' replication).

NGS is also how any new variants can be readily detected - it is a standard process in an adequately equipped laboratory.

I do not want to trivialize the amount of effort involved, but just for comparison, the cancer genomics laboratory I currently run could sequence approximately 1,000 viral samples/whole genomes per 24hrs - given current sequencing capacity/throughput.

--

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That’s cool . My twin sons are Radiation Oncologists . I drive them nuts .

Status
Not open for further replies.