• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tip for removing the Jet Pump Housing off of an LS 2000

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had difficulty pulling off the jet pump assembly on my LS2000. I was finally able to remove this by doing the following:

- Use plenty of PB Blaster and let it soak overnight or for multiple days. Great stuff
- I then bought a bolt and nut that I used to push the jet pump housing using the impeller housing. I was able to put a socket adapter with the male part into the bolt hole. See the yellow circle in the picture to see this. Note that the pictures need to rotated 90 degrees to the right to see this as you would when looking at the assembly.
- On the other side, I put the bolt through the jet pump and put a nut on the other side of the hole. This way, when I turned the bolt, it forced the bolt to press against the socket adapter which in turn pryed/pushed the jet pump apart. I alternated holes on each side of the assembly so that it was pryed off slowly and consistently. See the red rectangle in the picture to see how I threaded the bolt/nut

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

Here was the result:
separated.JPG

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model