• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Transom stereo dial replacement

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So over the summer at some point the dial that controls volume and settings either fell off or got swiped at some point. I have checked Partzilla, and some other OEM parts suppliers but cant find just the knob. I have sent two emails to the manufacture and have yet to get a reply. Anyone have an idea where I can find a replacement. I have been using needle nose plyers I had on board but it would be nice to have it correct again.

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I lost mine about a year and a half ago and scored a replacement on eBay. I can see it in my order history but when I click on it I get redirected to knobs for other radios. I don’t think it’s available anymore from that seller.

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I lost mine about a year and a half ago and scored a replacement on eBay. I can see it in my order history but when I click on it I get redirected to knobs for other radios. I don’t think it’s available anymore from that seller.
Do you know what you searched under?
or how you searched to find it?

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it helps I can pull my knob off and measure it. Best I can do is use a tape measure and photo it.
When I search for the know I keep getting related products like the below. Most seem to be 32mm to 33mm so maybe that’s the size of the original knob? Maybe by measuring it will confirm it.

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it helps I can pull my knob off and measure it. Best I can do is use a tape measure and photo it.
When I search for the know I keep getting related products like the below. Most seem to be 32mm to 33mm so maybe that’s the size of the original knob? Maybe by measuring it will confirm it.

That would be awesome

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I hate to ask, however were you able to get a measurement or that image?

Big_O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you ever find the replacement?

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you ever find the replacement?
No sadly I have not, I even talked with the dealership... OEM replacements are not the same. apparently for two years they used one size and then went to a bigger one because of this issue. I am going to get one that has a set screw and hope that it holds
That is unless you have one ....lol

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Whelp. Guess it is time to buy a new boat...

:)

Big_O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
😂 I’m actually having a metal plate made to cover the hole and mount a replacement remote PRC100 to replace the PA4A remote in that same spot.

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
😂 I’m actually having a metal plate made to cover the hole and mount a replacement remote PRC100 to replace the PA4A remote in that same spot.
Im going to have to figure something out, that seems like a good idea

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
S
I kept my eye out for a whole new PA4 and bought that on eBay a while back. Now when mine falls off I'm ready.
Smart man, I will have to start watching ebay for a whole new one just in cade anything else fails. I did buy one with a retention screw hoping that works.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length