• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

what things have you sucked up and found in your clean out

jaybro72

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have only sucked up a plastic water bottle

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Plastic bag, ski-rope-- once =), soda can, water plants, various size pieces of wood, baby doll, bikini top, millions of gallons of water creating hundreds of hours of smiles.....

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Branches, tree bark, underwater grass, a piece of 2x4, a Dorito's bag, a smashed 1 quart oil container, etc...

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nothing exciting. Wood chips and small sticks. Only thing that ever hung up to where a " reverse flush" did not clear was a 1" x 1" by 1/8"piece of wood that I had to pull the boat out to get it un-wedged. Oh I did chop up what I believed to be a bream on start up once. Does that count?

albett3

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thankfully, just small sticks, various grasses, and fishing line. The fishing line is a pain to remove!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The biggest PITA was a frisbee (it wedged in there really well).
  • Also lifted a 4x8 sheet of plywood off the bottom
  • Ski rope
  • sticks
  • A baseball sized rock (in my old LX210)-we coasted over a rock pile, I shut down immediately-no damage, but man it make a hell of a noise!!! Scared the crap out of me!

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
  • Ski rope
  • sticks
  • A baseball sized rock (in my old LX210)-we coasted over a rock pile, I shut down immediately-no damage, but man it make a hell of a noise!!! Scared the crap out of me!
Glad to see we are not the only members of the "sucked a ski-rope" club...... Holy Moly that rock must have made a racket!! Glad there was no damage! :thumbsup:

Still wondering how you got a Frisbee stuck in there! lol!

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A big PITA was a walnut. It made a hellava sound when throttling up. Stopped engines after failed attempt to back flush and reached in cleanout port. Walnut would then float up to the top of the chamber and I kept missing it on the "Feel"....then start up...there was the noise. Finally felt it and grabbed it after a few cycles of start and restart. A couple of chucks of wood stuck on the blade a few times too, which can be wedged in there tight!

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On a trip up the Ohio river last June, the locks were so filled with shit, I was sucking something up every lock.
  • Plastic Bags
  • A rope, compliments of my brother-in-law while releasing from a lock.
  • Sticks, twigs, leaves
  • and a Condom

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Only a ski rope... I also hate for anyone to be alone.

Sigh.

paul075

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On a trip up the Ohio river last June, the locks were so filled with shit, I was sucking something up every lock.
  • Plastic Bags
  • Sticks, twigs, leaves
  • and a Condom
Locks here are the same, filled with trash.

__ScottyDont

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
  • Ski rope
  • sticks

How did you pick up a 4x8 sheet of plywood?!

Nothing in my 210 however my old polaris jet ski from years back we sucked up a rock and it cracked the impeller, snapped the shaft and destroyed the housing on its way out...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How did you pick up a 4x8 sheet of plywood?!

Nothing in my 210 however my old polaris jet ski from years back we sucked up a rock and it cracked the impeller, snapped the shaft and destroyed the housing on its way out...
I had a slip on a lake in Wisconsin, and the water level dropped quite a bit. The slip was already shallow, and this day I backed out of the slip and started very slowly (idle) cruising out. Then the boat slowed to a halt. I'm thinking...WTF...maybe I sucked up weeds. So I pull the plugs (this was on my LX210) and there is NOTHING in there. So I start the boat again and she moves a little, then slows to a stop again. So I decide to goose it a little and move deeper. Nothing. Now this has me really perplexed. So I pull the plugs again and really reach in there, and feel the grate....and sure enough, there is something up against the grate on both sides! So I get out of the boat and reach underneath, and a totally waterlogged, bendable 4x8 sheet of plywood that is neutrally buoyant is sitting under the boat! I pull it out and drag it to the shore. It had probably been on the bottom for ages, and the jets just lifted it up off the bottom!

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
In my old Seadoo I ran over a floating flipflop/sandel that got wedged it in my intake grate. Thought I had blown an engine as my flip down grates were not clearing it. Was I ever suprised when I got it out of the water. The flip flop was lodge in there pretty good.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
WwwTE="Kevin M, post: 11939, member: 125"]On a trip up the Ohio river last June, the locks were so filled with shit, I was sucking something up every lock.
  • Plastic Bags
  • Sticks, twigs, leaves
  • and a Condom
[/QUOTE]
Ewww.... a condom???