• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

'08 SX210 - 2014 Winter Mods

__ScottyDont

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So after buying and buying all winter long, I figured its time to kick off installing all these winter mods for the boat, especially with the beautiful weather in Maryland this weekend.

The list is sort of in order as I intend to execute but I may not get all the way through:

1. Overhaul the Pier (strip everything but the poles) - Installed
  2. Stainless Scupper - Installed
  3. Zinc Anodes - Installed
  4. Glove Compartment Spring - Installed
  5. Closet Rope Hooks - Installed
  6. Tower Mounted Flag Holders - Installed
  7. Twin Battery Charger w/ In-Deck plug - Installed
  8. Sound Proofing (Dynamat Extreme) - Installed
  9. Perfect Pass - Installed
  10. Boat Lift - Installed
  11. New Audio System (Fusion Deck\Control w/ JL Sound) - Installed
  12. Power System Overhaul - Installed
  13. Closet Shelf
  14. Bottle Opener - Installed
  15. Location Decal and strip warning decals - Installed

A lot of work, but should be doable, I won't be putting in for probably another 2 or 3 weeks. Just enough time to get the rest installed. Should have the Scupper and Perfect Pass installed tomorrow. Next on the purchase list is a boat lift which will probably be this coming week and also a sound system from Odin at Earmark right behind that! Should be calling it quits following that.

I'll get pictures up ASAP!

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like a lot of nice additions to your boat. I have a big stack of parts I am hoping to get to the week after next.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would love to see a write up with pics of your glove box spring install. That's been on my punch list for a few years now.

__ScottyDont

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got the SS Scupper installed today, what a pain in the @$$ that was. Seemed so straight forward and easy but the location makes it a bear. Also measured wire lengths for Odin for the stereo! Boat lift is getting measured this afternoon!

Spring is in the air, now where is the dang sunshine?!

Didn't have time to take photos, look for that sometime this week! Headed to Baltimore for the weekend.

__ScottyDont

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
PICTURES! Been crazy busy and finally got a change to snap some photos, however I forgot to snap a picture of the battery charger and new Zinc's!

Perfect Pass Install, was fairly simple and took roughly 3 hours (minus the hunt for the clip I dropped) Going to work with Perfect Pass to troubleshoot the line across the display. Assuming they will just send a new one.

Throttle Sync, 5 minute install. Works great!

Stainless Scupper, this was a learning experience, disassembling the entire rear end to get to the bottom of the boat! Fairly simple though.

Flag Holder! Didn't realize how large the holes were for a post, looking at putting pool noodles around the base of my flag posts.

Spring Install on Glove Compartment! Works like a charm!

Stainless Rope Hooks, through bolted with some support on the back side to ensure they are well supported. Looking to put a shelf in their too but I having a hard time finding one made out of a decent material.

Stainless Bottle Opener! Got tired of trying to find the one buried in bags, glove box, etc.

Naked Feet Only! Loved the sticker that I saw one someone else's boat and decided to order one!

Letters on Rear of boat identifying port

Sneak peek of the pier, it's all done now just need to work my way through the swampy yard to snap a shot!

Overall it's been a busy winter! Have a few more things to do like re-run the wire to my tower, re-do the insulation around the door, boat lift, sound proofing and then the power system and audio system will be getting an overhaul! More to come!

__ScottyDont

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Finally got the pier redone! Basically we stripped the old pier down to the poles and rebuilt everything else! New runners, cross supports, decking, electric! Everything but the roof and poles in the ground ( 4 new poles added for the yamaha boat lift )

__ScottyDont

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just bought all my power system and audio system equipment!! Cranked the motors up this evening and everything ran just as I remember it!

Jeff0319

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you provide the part number and place where you bought the glove box spring? I've been wanting to do this for a while!

__ScottyDont

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Honestly can't find it on their website but it's at West Marine, 10 inch hatch spring

__ScottyDont

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I finally got some more free time to get some of the stuff collecting dust off the shelf. Been at it for a few weekends in a row doing this and that. Here are some pictures from the latest installs:

1) New Fusion MS-IP700i Stereo w/ remote, bluetooth and a JL Audio 600/6 powering 3 pairs of JL Audio MX770's (Yes, 7.7" Speakers on a 210, they do fit. Just a pain in the arse to make the hole bigger) Still have some cleaning up to do on the cabling.
IMG_20140518_153215_991.jpg IMG_20140518_153235_220.jpg IMG_20140510_171621_140.jpg IMG_20140518_153247_392.jpg IMG_20140518_153253_430.jpg IMG_20140518_153341_571.jpg
IMG_20140510_171841_764.jpg

2) Overhauled the power system to give me a large house bank and separate start bank. I have one Group 27 Cranking battery for the starting bank and two Group 31 AGM's in parallel for the House circuit. Motor's come straight off the switch and the house side leads to a bus bar which feeds the factory accessories, amp, and extra power plugins. Soon adding another amp for the tower plus LED's which the bus will make life easy adding them.
IMG_20140510_171715_868.jpg

Also added an LED in at the helm to mirror the ACR's LED.
IMG_20140518_153300_767.jpg

3) Took my mess of a harness for my tower and redid the whole thing with 20 ft of 16/8 and a multiple circuit bus bar to easily add in future needs. Currently only have a NAV light but intend to add LED's, and speakers.

IMG_20140510_171735_822.jpg

__ScottyDont

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
4) Took the factory sound dampening material (if we want to call it that) and put a single layer of dynamat extreme under it. Going to do the Gas hatch shortly. Overall easy project worse part was gluing that old back on.

IMG_20140518_153329_842.jpg

5) Island Racing Flush kit. All I can say this is NO MORE LEAKS!!!!

IMG_20140518_153351_309.jpg
6) With the bluetooth added on the stereo I immediately found my phone dying rather swiftly. So I figured with this new bus bar, it would only take about 15 minutes to toss in two wires and a USB power port in the glove box where my phone can stay.

IMG_20140518_153424_263.jpg
7) The flag holder's I intially bought would hold such a large flag staff that the ones I had intended to use would just fly out. I took them off and added a hole w/ threads and a set screw to hold in my smaller flag staff's. A lot more simple of a task then I had expected.

IMG_20140518_153530_571.jpg

Here's the final product after setting the lift. Boat sit's really nice on the lift and definitely beats using the trailer every time!
IMG_20140510_172738_619.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

__ScottyDont

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian We have a 2001 Maxum 2700 SCR in damn near mint condition for 14 years of heavy salt water use. We've had it for nearly 10 years now. Great boat, just not good for yanking around skiers, tubers, boarders, etc.

__ScottyDont

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For those interested, here is what I drew out in Visio prior to doing my power system. Based on my power demands, I knew the 12 amp charger wasn't going to cut it for charging all three batteries over night after each use. So I left it on the start bank and added another 20 amp charger in for the AGM's giving me the ability to use the high performance AGM charging feature on my house bank and the Standard charging on the start circuit.

Power System.jpg

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, nice wright-up. You have been one busy boat owner over the off season.

For some reason I can't see the images on your 3/30 & 3/31 posts. I'd love to see how you attached the glove box spring.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow, nice wright-up. You have been one busy boat owner over the off season.

For some reason I can't see the images on your 3/30 & 3/31 posts. I'd love to see how you attached the glove box spring.
Ditto for me. Were they on photobucket.com or a similar site and you moved them to a library?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@itsdgm / @jetboater4life did that fix it? I had the images uploaded in an album and it had privacy settings set
Yeah, all the pics pretty much are there now except the stainless scupper one.

Thanks for re-posting them. I'm definitely going to look into the glove box spring. Any tips? I could see how mounting it wrong might cause issues trying to close it.

By the way, very envious of the dock/lift. It looks awesome.