• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

17 AR195 JL AUDIO Speaker Upgrade

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
After 5 months of back order delays, I finally received my JL Audio gear to upgrade my speakers, add cans to the tower and add an amp. Now I just need the boat. I have it shrink wrapped in storage for a few more months. Can't wait to hear the difference!

Attachments

MisfitBoy99

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice choices. I ended up putting those same tower speakers and also a full JL audio package this past weekend on the boat. Getting it ready for the ware. I'm a little jealous you got the M6's for interior and went with the M3's. 6.5 up front and 7.7 in the rear. It's very loud. I'm curious how yours will sound.

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Nice choices. I ended up putting those same tower speakers and also a full JL audio package this past weekend on the boat. Getting it ready for the ware. I'm a little jealous you got the M6's for interior and went with the M3's. 6.5 up front and 7.7 in the rear. It's very loud. I'm curious how yours will sound.
The M6's will be a tight fit up front.. I may need to use a spacer up front to keep it from touching the inside wall. I installed the tower cans in October, they were the only thing not back ordered. I have yet to hear them with the amp. Can't wait to hear the whole set up. Last summer was tough, the factory Polk speakers were all blown. Did you replace your head unit? That's the only thing I haven't bought yet.

MisfitBoy99

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The M6's will be a tight fit up front.. I may need to use a spacer up front to keep it from touching the inside wall. I installed the tower cans in October, they were the only thing not back ordered. I have yet to hear them with the amp. Can't wait to hear the whole set up. Last summer was tough, the factory Polk speakers were all blown. Did you replace your head unit? That's the only thing I haven't bought yet.
Yes I did, I went with the Kicker 46KMC4

Nice radio for sure. I also did the add on remote control

All in all the system sounds awesome. Crystal Clear and very loud.

MisfitBoy99

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@gsbrown what mounting hardware are you going to use for the tower speakers?
I went with these: Sku# 91270 (Fixed) (Sku# 91284 if you want swivel)

they offer a measuring tape to get exact fit:

If you plan to mount further away from center you will need the swivel clamps. You can see in my picture that the location of where I mounted with the fixed clamp I used point the cans slightly to the center. Sorry, I don't have good pics with the tower up. This was the last thing I did before storage.IMG_6509 (2).JPG

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

Nice Setup! Does that mount directly into your dash? Yamaha re-designed the dash between the 17 and 19. Whatever I buy will need to go in the storage box due to lack of dash space.

MisfitBoy99

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice Setup! Does that mount directly into your dash? Yamaha re-designed the dash between the 17 and 19. Whatever I buy will need to go in the storage box due to lack of dash space.
Yes it fit right into the dash. I didn't have to cut into it at all.

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I decided to go with this Kenwood set up. Found it on Amazon with no back order issues.$245 9B092E48-A528-4901-8052-505240BA5D83.jpeg
It was delivered in 3 days. I definitely needed controls for when I’m driving. That drove me crazy over the past few seasons. And the app to control the factory unit by phone never worked correctly. Old unit MA200 / Marine Audio. The Bluetooth only worked when it wanted to. This Kenwood allows 2 phone connections for when my daughter gets sick of dad music. Lol. She’ll come around.

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Finally got time to install the rest of my new JL Audio system. I used the helm location for the amp. I installed LED light rings behind the speakers.

What a difference, these speakers sound great!

IMG_7140.JPGIMG_7146.JPGIMG_7141.JPGIMG_7147.JPGIMG_7148.JPGIMG_7152.JPGIMG_7153.JPGIMG_E7154.JPGIMG_7155.JPGIMG_7156.JPG

IHERNANDEZ

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length

@MisfitBoy99 I would really like to upgrade to the kicker KMC4 head unit. Do you have any pictures of it installed?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
After 5 months of back order delays, I finally received my JL Audio gear to upgrade my speakers, add cans to the tower and add an amp. Now I just need the boat. I have it shrink wrapped in storage for a few more months. Can't wait to hear the difference!
Where did you buy them? I'm slowly replacing my Polks with JLs

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Many people say JL is overrated and overpriced and there are better options for the money
I would say many people would be mistaken. Are there louder speakers... yes are there better quality sounding speakers... not really. I have a full JL set up and love it. My second boat doing this and won't ever go with another brand.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I would say many people would be mistaken. Are there louder speakers... yes are there better quality sounding speakers... not really. I have a full JL set up and love it. My second boat doing this and won't ever go with another brand.
I went from stock 6 polks and no amp to 4 JL + 4 polks + an amp and wowza. What a difference. I can also tell a difference on the JLs vs the polks on my boat. Side by side comparison

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Where did you buy them? I'm slowly replacing my Polks with JLs
My neighbor used to work for a company that sold JL and still knew a guy there. He was able to get me a great price, but I had to wait a few months and didn’t get the speaker’s with the lights built in that I wanted.

HFD928

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got time to install the rest of my new JL Audio system. I used the helm location for the amp. I installed LED light rings behind the speakers.

What a difference, these speakers sound great!

View attachment 151216View attachment 151217View attachment 151218View attachment 151219View attachment 151220View attachment 151221View attachment 151222View attachment 151223View attachment 151224View attachment 151225
Did you need the LED Spacers to get the M6 in the bow location?

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I didn't need spacers in my 2017. In 2019 they redesigned the 19 foot and added 6 inches to total length. Not sure if that changed the depth for the bow speakers. I also added the light rings and they act as a spacer.